She is unbridled pursuing those issues, but one thing she has remained tight lipped about are the family matters of the last 3 years. Like Brad, she has made it known she will not be discussing them nor answering personal questions. In the absence of direct comments from them, anything they say that could be linked to what happened is being twisted and misinterpreted to fill the void.
Angelina
"There's a part of us that's just unbridled. We just have to be who we are. We can't be less than what we are, we can't be less honest, less fierce. And sometimes somebody is not comfortable with that and wants to hurt us, but we have to find ourselves and be free with it and be OK with it."
"Maleficent is wild. I think there is that thing in all of us that is just not safe and not fine, and wants to just be fun and be our biggest, best self."
So basically you're made for this role. Wild and free and unapologetic.
"Well, like the character there have been times in my life where I have felt—and maybe I've hidden them well from the public—where I have not felt free, I have not felt safe, I have not felt like free of harm or I have felt small. I have felt cornered. And it has taken a lot to find that again, probably more of that today than I was in the last four years."
VIDEO: Angelina Jolie on the topic of self-sacrifice #AngelinaJolie #ElleFanning #Disney #Maleficent2 #Maleficent #MistressOfEvil #MichellePfeiffer pic.twitter.com/rFzb3bkH0v— Rama's Screen 🔜 NYCC (@RamasScreen) September 30, 2019
"We are not here just to exist. You have to know what you stand for. You have to know what you're willing to fight for even die for. And if you live that way then whatever pain comes with it, whatever sacrifice comes with it, you embrace it. And it fills you with purpose."
Brad
"The people I'm really drawn to, they just have no filter. They have no protection. They have no filter on their thoughts. They sometimes get in trouble because of that, but I adore them. I adore that they're just so open and raw about their feelings at any moment.”
Has Hollywood changed since the #MeToo movement exploded two years ago? Angelina Jolie, Kristen Stewart and Melissa McCarthy share their thoughts with @Reuters https://t.co/9LOiEpvwh1 pic.twitter.com/we0dboYFum— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) October 2, 2019