Monday, July 16, 2018
Monday, July 16
arriving in costume on the OUATIH set with Richie
using their new Cadillac Escalade stretch*
keeping his jacket off and thoughtfully giving us a clear view of the fan favorite "A" tattoo. 😁
Friday, July 13, 2018
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Angelina Jolie Reflects on 23rd Anniversary of Bosnian Genocide: 'Time Cannot Diminish the Pain' https://t.co/Zoh4OOiHU9— People (@people) July 11, 2018
Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Quentin Tarantino, and others raise objections to Weinstein Co. sale provisions https://t.co/p63GcCDDwK pic.twitter.com/IQitaDCuO2— Variety (@Variety) July 10, 2018
Posted by Fussy at 1:07 PM
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
The readers who were redirected to a malicious site apparently saw an altered version of this post. I have reposted it for readers' reference.
Thanks to all who provided the link to the pdf of the Order that was posted online.. I am not posting the link or the pdf because it is a sealed document. I have reviewed it below.
- CNN wrote that it "obtained the order, which was not sealed, from the court." The LA court site clearly says "Order - After Hearing (This is a sealed document ). " CNN is not a tabloid and protects its credibility, we have no reason to doubt them. It therefore appears that whether done maliciously or by accident it wasn't immediately sealed -- long enough for outlets to get hold of it.
“This misleading leak is not in the best interests of the children. From the start, Angelina has been focused only on their health and needs, which is why it was so important that this last court hearing be conducted privately. It’s deplorable that someone, for their own selfish reasons, leaked selective portions of the confidential and sealed court record to create an inaccurate and unfair picture of what is really happening.”Stressing that this leak is potentially harmful to the children and how it was important to keep it private is directed at the media -- to exercise restraint and consider the health of their children. In saying that a selective leak was used to create an inaccurate and unfair picture, she means the media reports starting with the initial report from The Blast that inaccurately quoted and interpreted the orders while picking and choosing parts. She emphasized that what is really happening is very different from the picture being painted by reports.
- The Order was requested by Angelina, prepared by one of Brad's lawyers, signed by Judge John Ouderkirk on May 30 and filed with the court on June 6. The S&O filed May 30 would have been in support of Angelina's RFO. The Order notes "the parties' mutual desire and support for the Court's Orders."
-The hearing to prepare this Order took place over several days and appearances could be made telephonically. Every detail was very carefully studied. Angelina only has a supporting role and is largely a spectator and she was just present on the first day. Brad is the key player in this effort to restore his relationship with the kids and he was present each day. The exact wording in the Order: "not having a relationship with their father is harmful to them" -- indicates they have no relationship. This would have been the conclusion of prior custody evaluations. They are able to spend time together outside of psychiatric sessions only if Angelina is with them. The children do not engage with him and they don't want to be left alone with him without their mother. In the words of the Order, they are "closed down to their father" -- on their own they don't want to have anything to do with him, they don't feel safe with him.
- The children are now being treated by a psychiatrist and neuropsychologist. They took over from the trauma specialists who treated the children right after the plane incident. This obviously is indicative of the depth of the children's problem with Brad and their difficulty in overcoming it.
- There is no mention at all of the Stipulation Re Custody and Therapy. They apparently are no longer operating under it as an entirely different team has taken over managing the children's treatment and they now have a different focus. The Custody Stipulation has achieved all its objectives except for restoring Brad's relationship with the children which has proven to be a particularly intractable problem. Even though there have been significant changes and they are now entirely focused on getting the children to open up to Brad, they did not file any Orders on those changes. The filed this Order which is in essence merely a schedule with instructions.
- The mental health professionals have determined that the children have sufficiently healed and there is no medical reason why they cannot be alone with their father. They've determined that there is no longer any problem with Brad. The visits are now just referred to as "visits" and no longer identified as "therapeutic" or "nontherapeutic." Relations should already be normal. But all their efforts have been met with stubborn resistance. The children refuse to believe that Brad is not a threat to them. The Judge in effect is ordering them to believe that they are safe.
- Angelina along with the Dr. and therapist were to explain to the children on the phone and in person the schedule outlined in the Order. The fact that they explained the schedule to the children twice indicates they expected the children would be concerned and have many questions and needed to be reassured and prepared. Angelina was to confirm to the children both times that she and Brad desire and support the Order. The Court is obviously cognizant that it is important to reiterate to the children that Angelina wanted what they are being asked to do in the schedule -- which is why it was Angelina who made the Request for this Order.
She was to tell all the children twice that the Court has determined that:
not having a relationship with their father is harmful to them,
that it is critical that each of them have a healthy and strong relationship with their father and mother,
that each of them are safe with their father,
that each parent must strictly obey and conform to the spirit and letter of the Court's Order.
The whole purpose of this Order is to show it to the children and let them know that they must follow the Judge's orders. After everything else failed, they sought court intervention to delicately force the children to overcome their dependence on Angelina and resistance to Brad. That is why this order went into unusual detail to explain why the court has jurisdiction over the family and that not following the court's orders can result in penalties -- which none of the previous requested Orders had any need to mention. The children know Judge Ouderkirk well because he officiated at their wedding and stayed with them in Miraval. In this regard, the purpose of the Judge's notice that he may reduce Angelina's custody time or transfer primary custody if the children remain "closed down" is to give a strong encouragement to the children to open up to their father by the end of this schedule.
- The Order outlines a schedule from June 1 to August 10 to help the children progress with the objective that by the end of that period, their relationship with Brad will have been restored, they feel safe alone with him without Angelina or a psychiatrist/psychologist, and the family will have effectuated reunification. The children have not wanted to be alone with Brad since the plane incident and they still may not want to, but with this Order they have no choice and everything is being done so they are ready for it. The Judge's assurance to the children that they each are safe with Brad is part of the preparation.
As noted, the children have been told repeatedly that the Judge has given orders that Angelina must strictly obey -- that she cannot be with them or interfere during the specified visits, that she must give their father their cell phone numbers so he can text them and she will not monitor the texts or have Brad text them through her phone, and that she may only call them once a day when they are alone with him in L.A. These let the children know that she cannot involve herself in the planned activities, she cannot intervene between them and their father, and they cannot look for her to check on them. This is designed to wean them off their dependence that they need her to be around to protect them. It is indicative of how wary the children still are of contact with Brad that the Order states that he may text and not that he may call.
Through June and July the children gradually spend more time alone with Brad at a Hotel without direct access to Angelina but monitored constantly by one of the psychiatric team. From June 8 to 17 they rotate one or two at a time to spend 4 hours a day with him. Their time with him increases to 10 hours a day from June 27 to July 1, and then to a 32-hour stretch for up to 3 of them at a time spread over 4 days from July 8 to 14. The order states that as an alternative, Brad may opt for them to participate in a 4-day Transitioning Families Therapeutic Reunification program, during which the director may request Angelina to be present. While Brad has physical custody during the four days, he can decide to have the children stay overnight at the Hotel or at Angelina's rental.
The doctor and /or the therapist either directly or through Angelina, prepare the children before each visit so they know what to expect, monitor the visit, and then go over the visit afterwards with the children &/or Angelina to ensure that each visit meets the goals set, the children feel good about their time with Brad, and they are progressing as planned.
The visits culminate in the last week in July. The children fly back to L.A on July 21 and will be with Brad til July 29. The doctor and the therapist will no longer be present but will "spend time" with them at some point. The children know that Angelina can only call them from London once a day at a pre-arranged time during this week. The children will not be entirely alone with Brad as either of two assistants will be present. Again, while Brad has physical custody for the entire week, he can decide to have the children stay at Briarcliff or the DeMille or Santa Barbara. This will be a boot camp effort to get the children to completely concentrate on bonding with Brad and restoring their relationship to what it was when they felt safe alone with him without depending on Angelina.
As noted previously, Angelina didn't want to buy a new home, she arrived at the decision reluctantly.
“It took me a few months to realize that I was really going to have to do it. That there was going to have to be another base regardless of everything,” she said, her voice falling quiet and low, as it would each time the subject of the split arose. “That there was going to have to be a home. Another home." " It has a lot of moments,” Ms. Jolie said of the home, “It’s happy. Happy and light, and we needed that.” .The DeMille was bought for the children, it is their "happy and light" home, their sanctuary. When they are comfortable having Brad stay over alone with them, I think they've will have achieved reunification.
- The Order states that the costs incurred in this effort -- for the services of the psychiatrist and the psychologists, transportation expenses for the children, the assistants and security to and from London, child care and security in L.A. -- are all borne by Brad. The Order doesn't need to identify whose assistants and security these are because they are all theirs -- because they are a couple with joint resources. This is why when Brad has physical custody, he can choose between his hotel or Angelina's rental in the U.K, and Briarcliff or the DeMille or Santa Barbara in CA. He exercises the same command and control in all these places and over everyone in them. He has physical custody in Angelina's rental with Angelina. The Order states that Angelina "shall make arrangements ... for the drop off" of the children at the Hotel and Brad "shall return ..." the children to the rental. In other words, Angelina arranges for the children to be brought to the Hotel and afterwards, Brad and the children can return to the rental together. The Hotel is primarily for the controlled sessions being monitored and studied by the psychiatrist and the psychologist(s). Brad does not have to stay at the Hotel outside of the time needed to prepare for those sessions and can stay at the rental with Angelina and the children at other times. The children have no problem being with him when they are not alone and they know their mother is there for them.
There is no cost assigned by the Judge to Angelina. As noted previously, the S&O to extend Judge Ouderkirk's appointment includes a provision that hints that Brad is shouldering all costs associated with the Petition and reimbursing Angelina for whatever she had spent. The total running tab for the mental health professionals is substantial. For this schedule, the psychiatrist and the neuropsychologist closed their practice in L.A. for two weeks or more to go to London to help execute and monitor the visits.
- As noted, the schedule specifically covers the period from June 1 to August 10. When the children return to L.A. on Aug. 11, it simply states that they will be in Brad's custody "as agreed upon by the parties." Angelina would just be mid-way through filming Maleficent 2 in London and she may or may not be able to accompany the children back to L.A. It states loosely that there will be a review hearing "the week of Aug. 13 or as soon thereafter as possible" pending completion of Dr. Katz's custody evaluation which will formally verify the success of this effort. Dr. Katz may start his evaluation the week of Aug. 13 and it will rely mainly on interviews with the children, the psychiatrist and the psychologists. They've already had a number of evaluations since 2016 and would have a good idea of where they stand even before it starts, but this gives them an expert's formal opinion. In a hint that they fully expect this effort to be successful, it states that the children will be with Brad for at least 4 to 12 hours every other day with no mention of the psychiatrist or psychologist or who they would be with at other times.
- They needed to wait til after she started filming Maleficent 2 for this schedule and particularly the last week in July to be doable. The Order was signed the day after she started filming and Angelina immediately explained it to the children in a conference call with the psychiatrist and the psychologist.
- The Order noted the S&O on Maddox's exemption that was "executed by the Court Feb. 28, 2017" but which was not filed in court. They would have just come back from FTKMF's premiere in Cambodia at the time. Coupled with the absence of any Orders filed concerning the Custody Stipulation, they are evidently filing just the bare minimum that they needed to file even before the court mishandled and leaked this Order.
- As Angelina's statement said, the leak is misleading. The entire Order needs to be read carefully and an effort made to understand its purpose.
- The Petition is still in place because the reunification process is not yet complete. Brad's progress with the children has been very, very slow because his conduct eroded the foundation of the children's trust in him.
I asked how everyone is doing now.
“None of it’s easy. It’s very, very difficult, a very painful situation, and I just want my family healthy,” she said quietly.
Are they? “They’re getting better,” she said, her voice approaching inaudibility.
Angelina looked past Brad's failings with the firm belief that she knows him -- she knows what is in his mind and in his heart and understands what happened to him.
"We’re all just healing from the events that led to the filing . . . They’re not healing from divorce. They’re healing from some . . . from life, from things in life.”She believes in his commitment and desire to be a loving husband and father and in his determined effort to change.
In Brad's own words, stripped of the excess verbiage and arranged in a more cohesive and comprehensible order, clear and simple to understand:
"we grew up First Baptist, which is the cleaner, stricter, by-the-book Christianity. Then, when I was in high school, my folks jumped to a more charismatic movement, which got into speaking in tongues and raising your hands and some goofy-ass shit."
"I never understood growing up with Christianity—don't do this, don't do that—it's all about don'ts, and I was like how the fuck do you know who you are and what works for you if you don't find out where the edge is, where's your line? You've got to step over it to know where it is."
"I was really on my back and chained to a system when Child Services was called."
"It's just very, very jarring for the kids, to suddenly have their family ripped apart. If anyone can make sense of it, we have to."
"I heard one lawyer say, “No one wins in court—it's just a matter of who gets hurt worse.” And it seems to be true, you spend a year just focused on building a case to prove your point and why you're right and why they're wrong, and it's just an investment in vitriolic hatred. I just refuse. And fortunately my partner in this agrees"
"And you know, after that, we've been able to work together to sort this out. We're both doing our best."
"keeping the ship afloat” ”
“figuring out the new configuration of our family.”
“Kids are taking all the focus.”
"Any of my foibles are born from my own hubris."
"When I get in trouble it's because of my hubris. "
"I can't remember a day since I got out of college when I wasn't boozing or had a spliff, or something. And you realize that a lot of it is, um—cigarettes, you know, pacifiers. And I'm running from feelings."
"This last year, things I wasn't dealing with. I was boozing too much. It's just become a problem.
"I mean, we have a winery. I enjoy wine very, very much, but I just ran it to the ground. I had to step away for a minute."
"The terrible thing is I tend to run things into the ground. That's why I've got to make something so calamitous. I've got to run it off a cliff."
"Don't want to live that way anymore."
"And I'm really happy. I've got my feelings in my fingertips again."
"It's a different world, too. We know more, we're more focused on psychology. I come from a place where, you know, it's strength if we get a bruise or cut or ailment we don't discuss it, we just deal with it. We just go on. The downside of that is it's the same with our emotion. I'm personally very retarded when it comes to taking inventory of my emotions. I'm much better at covering up. I grew up with a Father-knows-best/war mentality—the father is all-powerful, super strong—instead of really knowing the man and his own self-doubt and struggles.
"I gotta be more for them. I have to show them. And I haven't been great at it."
"I'm really good at cutting myself off, and it's been a problem. I need to be more accessible, especially to the ones I love."
"I say that as someone who's let the work take me away. Kids are so delicate. They absorb everything. They need to have their hand held and things explained. They need to be listened to. When I get in that busy work mode, I'm not hearing. I want to be better at that."
"Film feels like a cheap pass for me, as a way to get at those hard feelings. It doesn't work anymore, especially being a dad."
"I'm an asshole when it comes to this need for justice. I don't know where it comes from, this hollow quest for justice for some perceived slight. It's done me no good whatsoever. And this is coming from a guy who hit the lottery, I'm well aware of that. I hit the lottery, and I still would waste my time on those hollow pursuits."
"These are things I thought I was managing very well. I remember literally having this thought a year, a year and a half ago, someone was going through some scandal. Something crossed my path that was a big scandal—and I went, “Thank God I'm never going to have to be a part of one of those again.” I live my life, I have my family, I do my thing, I don't do anything illegal, I don't cross anyone's path."
"For me this period has really been about looking at my weaknesses and failures and owning my side of the street."
"I see it happen to friends—I see where the one spouse literally can't tell their own part in it, and is still competing with the other in some way."
"I do remember a few spots along the road where I've become absolutely tired of myself. And this is a big one. These moments have always been a huge generator for change."
"I think it would have come knocking, no matter what."
"Sitting with those horrible feelings, and needing to understand them, and putting them into place. In the end, you find: I am those things I don't like. That is a part of me. I can't deny that. I have to accept that. And in fact, I have to embrace that. I need to face that and take care of that. Because by denying it, I deny myself. I am those mistakes. For me every misstep has been a step toward epiphany, understanding, some kind of joy. Yeah, the avoidance of pain is a real mistake. It's the real missing out on life. It's those very things that shape us, those very things that offer growth, that make the world a better place, oddly enough, ironically. That make us better."
"A few months ago I was having frightening dreams and I'd consciously lie awake trying to ask, What can I get out of this? What can I learn from this? Those ceased. And now I have been having moments of joy, and you wake and realize it's just a dream, and I get a bit depressed for the moment. Just the moment, just glimpse moments of joy because I know I'm just in the middle of this thing now and I'm not at the beginning of it or at the end of it, just where this chapter is right now. I just don't want to dodge any of it. I just want to stand there, shirt open, and take my hits."
“It means to love without ownership. It means expecting nothing in return. It doesn't mean fuck-all to me until, you know—"
"There's no love without loss. It's a package deal."
"If I'm not creating something... then I'll just be creating scenarios of fiery demise in my mind. You know, a horrible end."
"I wish I could just change my name."
"I just started therapy. I love it, I love it. I went through two therapists to get to the right one."
"there's understanding the future, there's understanding the immediate moment and why we're at this point, and then it brings up a lot of issues from the past that we haven't talked about."
"Our focus is that everyone comes out stronger and better people—there is no other outcome."
“I’ve got no secrets. I’ve got nothing to hide,” “We’re human... If we’re not talking about it, then we’re not getting better.”
"I think that's part of the human challenge: You either deny them all of your life or you answer them and evolve."
"So little of it is accurate, and I avoid so much of it. I just let it go. It's always been a long-run game for me. As far as out there, I hope my intentions and work will speak for themselves."
"I don't really think of myself much as an actor anymore. It takes up so little of my year and my focus."
"Family first. People on their deathbeds don't talk about what they obtained or were awarded. They talk about their loved ones or their regrets."
"I know the people who love me know me. And that's enough for me."
“I’m not suicidal or something. There’s still much beauty in the world and a lot of love. And a lot of love to be given."
All the beauty and a lot of love is coming from and being given to Angelina. She is the only one in the family who loves and knows him since the children are still "closed down" to him and are "not having a relationship with" him. Her love and support made it possible for him to replace "frightening dreams" with dreams of "moments of joy." Their love for each other is what has been sustaining him. She has a generous and compassionate heart and she is showing the children by example how to have the same.
"We will be stronger when we come out of this because that's what we're determined to do as a family."Since they fully expect this schedule to be successful, they could be able to dismiss the Petition and publicly reemerge as a couple and as a family by late August at the earliest.
“I am coping with finding a way through to make sure that this somehow makes us stronger and closer."
"It’s just been the hardest time, and we’re just kind of coming up for air. (The DeMille) is a big jump forward for us, and we’re all trying to do our best to heal our family."
"We care for each other and care about our family, and we are both working towards the same goal.”
- After any significant news, all the outlets try to take advantage with bogus "reports" giving rambling, fabricated "updates." Whenever they've felt the need to issue denials or clarifications, these have always been very brief. The last authentic update from an evidently bonafide source was back in late December 2017:
For Pitt “the process has been difficult,” says a source close to the situation. “But he is OK and remains committed to his family.”No true insider and friend has ever and will ever talk about their lives especially with the sensitive situation involving the children. Their inner circle is very tight and nothing goes out of that circle -- which is why no one knew before the leak that the children still did not feel safe alone with Brad and that they already sought help from a psychiatrist. There was not one whiff of that anywhere. Unlike the courts, they know how to keep things airtight.
It should be very obvious that all reports that make any reference to this as a custody "battle" or "dispute" are complete garbage. Sites from People to ET are churning out garbage for clicks. Do not be duped into clicking on trash. Do not reward garbage production.
Monday, July 9, 2018
A post shared by Brad Pitt & Angelina JoliePitt (@joliepittsofficial) on
A lousy photo, sorry, but Angelina Jolie made her first Comic-Con appearance at #SDCC 2003 for Tomb Raider 2 and it was one of the most intense panels I'd been to so far, as far as the absolute rapture a lot of the crowd was in having her there. pic.twitter.com/ON1noDzSW1— Eric Goldman (@TheEricGoldman) July 10, 2018
Saturday, July 7, 2018
July 7, Saturday
last week it was jeremy kyle, today it was angelina jolie, i’m fuckin intrigued to see who’s coming in next tbh pic.twitter.com/57ihsVEi9d— R I S S 🌸 (@Clarissa_1997) July 7, 2018
My dad saw Angelina Jolie at Longacres today getting an ice cream😂🍦— becca (@beccaalouisee_) July 7, 2018
Posted by Fussy at 4:20 PM
Friday, July 6, 2018
July 6, Friday
She shopped here too! Lovely customer, very sweet and polite children.— WaterstonesPicc (@WaterstonesPicc) July 6, 2018
The sailing book may have been recommended by Ronning.
Cute conversation with the bodyguards whilst me and @g_robinson18 were giggling like little girls— lou (@lauragumbrell) July 6, 2018
Our students are freaking out today bc apparently Leonardo DiCaprio and brad Pitt are on the backlot— Charlotte Glen (@CharlotteGlenQ) July 6, 2018
Thanks Felicity and Pride&Joy
Posted by Fussy at 3:24 PM
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Saturday, June 30, 2018
July 1, Sunday
At an art shop
Saw Angelina Jolie today so I can officially die happy— boo boo the fool (@gabraham_17) July 1, 2018
She was with two of her kids so obv didn’t walk up to her but she’s bad at and looks super humble— boo boo the fool (@gabraham_17) July 1, 2018
Had actual tears in my eyes at work today when angelina Jolie was stood directly next to me with her children, oh wow she was beautiful AND humble. Best day ever 😍— mol (@lolzmolz) July 1, 2018
June 30, Saturday
Angelina Jolie came into work today and I spoke to her and I don’t think I’ll ever stop talking about it pic.twitter.com/H1Xvi5GERU— rhiannon (@RhiannonTripp) June 30, 2018
Angelina Jolie in watching @WickedUK for the 3rd time tonight, casual. 🤯🤯— Claudia Kariuki (@Claudia_Kariuki) June 30, 2018
I can officially say that I have met Angelina Jolie 😍😍😍 Such old school Hollywood glam.— Caitlin Brogan (@caits_nightfox) June 30, 2018
She came through to exit 😍😍😍— Caitlin Brogan (@caits_nightfox) July 1, 2018
So was working at the design museum today and both Sophie Hermann (made in Chelsea) and Angelina Joile paid us a visit. Both tiny, beautiful and so so lovely. P.s. shoutout to me for not freaking out— Massie 🇸🇱 (@massie_C_) June 30, 2018
Thanks Pride&Joy and Felicity
Posted by Fussy at 6:31 PM
- It appears some of you are encountering problems and are being redirected to a site that is made to look like FUSSY EYE but with maliciously altered posts. I have therefore turned on HTTPS redirect which means visitors to this blog will always go to https://fussyeye.blogspot.com. Check that you always have the correct address using HTTPS and see a lock 🔒 symbol on the address line.
There are three main benefits to using HTTPS instead of HTTP:
- It helps check that your visitors open the correct website and aren’t being redirected to a malicious site.
- It helps detect if an attacker tries to change any data sent from Blogger to the visitor.
- It adds security measures that make it harder for other people to listen to your visitors’ conversations, track their activities, or steal their information.
It's a crazy world out there. We can't let a few sick people spoil things for everyone else.
- They are just abut done with the 2nd phase of their schedule -- where the children spend 10 hours one or two at a time with Brad -- and there have been no photos. In fact, no photos at all of Brad in the U.K. on this trip. It seems they've successfully eluded the paps.
- They decided to spread things around and handed Harpers Bazaar the photos from inside St. Paul's. Perhaps they are growing tired of People shamelessly behaving like a bottom feeder and fabricating click bait at their expense. Hello, which they have also frequently dealt with, has behaved in a much more respectable manner. It would be fitting if they decide to give an exclusive to Hello and left People out completely. In the age of Instagram and Twitter, they don't need People.
Again: After any significant news, tabloids try to take advantage of renewed public interest with bogus "sources" suddenly coming out of the woodwork with rambling, fabricated "updates." No true insider and friend has ever and will ever talk about their lives especially not now. Their inner circle is very tight and nothing goes out of that circle. Do not click on these click bait "reports." Wait for an actual statement or interview. Show People and others you don't like it when they produce click bait garbage by not clicking on them. By exercising discipline fans can make a difference.
Posted by Fussy at 8:00 AM
Friday, June 29, 2018
Angelina Jolie Gets Emotional at London War Memorial in Behind-the-Scenes Photos from Her Royal Event https://t.co/l5I2gJuhgq— Harper's Bazaar (@harpersbazaarus) June 29, 2018
Angelina Jolie visited St. Paul's Cathedral in London Thursday to attend a ceremony for the 200th anniversary of the Most Distinguished Order of St. Michael and St. George, an award which recognizes the work of service officers or diplomats in a foreign country.
While at the Anglican church, the actress and activist made her way to the American Memorial Chapel, which honors 28,000 American soldiers who were stationed in the U.K. during World War II and lost their lives. In exclusive photos obtained by BAZAAR.com, Jolie looks moved as she looks through the names of the deceased veterans inside the chapel.
Jolie places her hand over her heart while reading the 500-page, leather-bound book that contains the inscription, "Defending freedom from the fierce assault of tyranny they shared the honor and the sacrifice. Though they died before the dawn of victory their names and deed will long be remembered where ever free men live.”
The chapel in St. Paul's contains many references to the U.S. The three stained-glass windows contain the state symbols of every American state, the wood carvings contain the birds, plants and flowers of America, and in one panel are a space rocket and stars — a nod to the American space program.
Jolie has been a fierce supporter of American soldiers and veterans. In 2014, the actress donated an undisclosed sum of money to The Independent’s Christmas campaign for homeless veterans, according to the publication.
Posted by Fussy at 10:34 AM
- Miraval produces "over a million bottles of rosé each year"
- Sold in 80 countries, 40% is sold in the U.S., 20% in France
- pinot noir in the future
- "The couple is constantly renovating Miraval ," (Marc Perrin) reveals. The works are pharaonic. They build particular dry stone walls and terraces, it's beautiful. "
Brad Pitt et Angelina Jolie : l’amour est dans le vignoble
Le domaine de Miraval, en Provence, est presque aussi célèbre que ses propriétaires. Malgré leur séparation, les deux acteurs continuent d’investir dans ce lieu qui produit un vin très prisé.| Par Laure Gasparotto
GUERLAIN / YOUTUBE
Voilà un domaine viticole que le monde entier connaît. Pas grâce aux revues spécialisées, mais plutôt à la faveur des magazines people qui ont publié de nombreuses photos volées des lieux. Miraval (Var), son rosé délicat et sa part de rêve… Le couple formé par Brad Pitt et Angelina Jolie a commencé à y venir en vacances dans les années 2000. Puis a fait un très gros chèque – 45 millions d’euros, dit-on – pour acquérir cette vaste propriété et la rénover ensuite à grands frais. En août 2014, c’est là que les deux stars ont choisi de se marier, discrètement, mais pas trop quand même.
Et, quand les « Brangelina » se sont séparés deux ans plus tard, le domaine de Miraval n’a logiquement pas échappé au tourbillon. Les ragots ont couru bon train, annonçant une vente imminente, à l’heure de régler un divorce houleux. Du rêve au cauchemar, le pas aurait pu être vite franchi.
Mais, finalement, les deux acteurs ne se sont pas retirés de l’affaire. Brad Pitt, dit-on, aurait réussi à convaincre son ex-femme de garder ce petit bijou, auquel leur progéniture serait très attachée. En mars 2017, c’est donc Charles Perrin, l’un des neuf membres de la famille qui gère le domaine, qui s’est chargé d’annoncer à l’Agence France-Presse que les propriétaires restaient fidèles à la Provence, histoire de tordre le cou aux rumeurs. Circulez, il n’y a rien à voir. Mais il reste à boire.
La famille Perrin, elle aussi, est donc toujours fidèle au poste, gardant closes les portes du domaine, mais toujours prête à répondre aux questions sur les précieuses bouteilles qu’elle produit.
Il ne faut pas compter sur Marc Perrin, une autre figure de la dynastie, pour disserter sur le divorce des deux vedettes hollywoodiennes. Mais il raconte volontiers, en revanche, comment il s’est retrouvé à gérer le domaine de Miraval, lors de son rachat par le couple, en 2008. « Brad Pitt aimait nos vins, raconte-t-il. Il nous a donc appelés. Avant nous, il y a toujours eu une activité viticole à Miraval. Mais Brad Pitt est obsédé par la qualité. Avec Angelina Jolie, sa compagne à l’époque, il a rencontré un certain nombre de consultants potentiels. Et puis, ils nous ont choisis. Cependant, nous ne voulions pas être consultants. Nous sommes avant tout des vignerons. On a donc créé main dans la main une coentreprise. »
Les Perrin avaient déjà un joli CV, qui leur a permis d’emporter le morceau. Ils se sont fait une belle réputation, avec le Château de Beaucastel, à Châteauneuf-du-Pape, dans le Vaucluse. Avec plus d’un million de bouteilles de rosé chaque année, on peut dire que le domaine de Miraval n’a pas été géré comme une danseuse.
Le millésime 2017 vient de sortir et c’est tout juste s’il y en a assez pour le marché mondial. La force du storytelling entourant ses propriétaires certes, mais aussi le fruit d’un travail sérieux. À 16 euros la bouteille, il est vendu dans 80 pays, en priorité aux États-Unis (40 %) et sur le marché français (20 %). « Depuis cinq ans, l’engouement mondial pour le rosé a décollé, et ça n’est pas près de s’arrêter », analyse Marc Perrin. L’investissement a été fait au bon moment.
Brad Pitt vient régulièrement sur place, explique le vigneron. Il goûte les vins, participe aux assemblages et prend, de concert avec les autres acteurs du domaine, les grandes décisions. « Le couple ne cesse de rénover Miraval, révèle-t-il. Les travaux sont pharaoniques. Ils font notamment construire des murs en pierre sèche et des terrasses, c’est magnifique. »
Un nouveau chai se dresse, pour produire des rosés de sélection parcellaire, c’est-à-dire des vins pensés selon leur terroir. « Avec cette nouvelle cuverie, nous ne produirons que des magnums de rosés », précise Marc Perrin. À Miraval, le terroir est bon. « Le vignoble se situe entre 150 et 500 mètres d’altitude. Nos cépages sont pensés pour produire le meilleur vin rosé. Nous avons distingué des terroirs qui s’y prêtent, avec beaucoup de rolle. »
Les propriétaires ont des moyens et les utilisent. Récemment, les célèbres microbiologistes des sols Lydia et Claude Bourguignon sont venus prendre le pouls de ces terres. Ils ont mis en évidence une grande diversité géologique. La propriété s’étend sur toute une vallée, soit 600 hectares, un champ de possibles. Ils ont trouvé des sols proches du côte-de-nuits, en Bourgogne, sur un îlot de 3 hectares… D’où la plantation récente de pinot noir, le cépage bourguignon des vins rouges.
Tout cela, Brad Pitt continue, paraît-il, à le suivre de près. « On se concerte pour chaque décision, rappelle Marc Perrin. L’étiquette du rosé de Miraval, par exemple, on l’a dessinée ensemble. » Ce couple viticole – pour l’instant au moins – ne bat pas de l’aile.
Thursday, June 28, 2018
She was at St. Paul's earlier with Arminka Helic, who after working with William Hague was made a baroness and a member of the House of Lords.
Just spotted Angelina Jolie at the House of Lords, probably offering to take a few asylum seekers— Lawrence Webb (@UKIPWebb4London) June 28, 2018
Houses of Parliament tour and legit ran in to Angelina Jolie. Mom- you have a great sense of humour.— Jamie Klingler (@jamieklingler) June 28, 2018
Posted by Fussy at 11:41 AM
Thursday, June 28
when you see angelina jolie in london pic.twitter.com/AdDnCyWYrs— dog mom (@charlenemarie27) June 28, 2018
HM Queen Attends Service Marking The Most Distinguished Order Of St George LONDON, ENGLAND - JUNE 28: Actress and director Angelina Jolie arrives ahead of the Service of Commemoration and Dedication, marking the 200th anniversary of the Most Distinguished Order of St Michael and St George at St Paul's Cathedral on June 28, 2018 in London, England. The Order of St Michael and St George is awarded to men and women who hold high office or who render extraordinary or important non-military service in a foreign country, and can also be conferred for important or loyal service in relation to foreign and Commonwealth affairs. Britain's Queen Elizabeth II was due to attend the service but cancelled at late notice due to suffering from a slight illness. (Photo by Leon Neal - WPA Pool/Getty Images). . . . #angelinajolie #angelina #royal #stpaulscathedral #london #beefeater #cathedral #gettyimages #nikon #nikond5 #nikond850A post shared by Leon Neal (@leonnealphoto) on
Embed from Getty Images
Angelina Jolie is lovely in a dove grey silk-crepe dress with cowl neckline (and matching gloves!) by @RalphAndRusso at this morning’s Royal Service at @StPaulsLondon ... pic.twitter.com/aXwGuIMp65— Laurie Brookins (@StyleWriterNYC) June 28, 2018
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: 'The Queen is feeling under the weather today and has decided not to attend this morning's service at St Paul's Cathedral marking the 200th anniversary of the Order of St Michael and St George.'
She added: 'Her Majesty will be represented by The Duke of Kent as Grand Master of the Order.'
Posted by Fussy at 7:52 AM
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Brad trimmed his hair and his goatee in now just a shadow.
The first look of Angelina on the set of Maleficent 2 was shared by Elle and now the first look from OUATIH is shared by Leo.
Brad Pitt and Robert Redford are going to star in my crowd-funded remake of "Looper."— Matt McDaniel (@themattmcd) June 27, 2018
Monday, June 25, 2018
From the tweets, he would have just arrived in London. The 2nd phase of the schedule begins on Wednesday.
I don't know if he could have had enough time to make it to set of The King in Lincolnshire, which is 2 1/2 hours away, even if he was inclined to rush there from the airport.
If we don't see any photos between now and July 1 then they successfully eluded the paps and the site of the visits is well hidden and inaccessible.
This is worth repeating: It should be very obvious that all reports that make any reference to a custody "battle" or "dispute" are complete garbage. After any significant news, all the tabloids including People try to take advantage with bogus "sources" coming out of the woodwork giving rambling, fabricated "updates." No true insider and friend has ever and will ever talk about their lives especially with the sensitive situation involving the children. Their inner circle is very tight and nothing goes out of that circle. Do not reward or encourage garbage production. Do not click on them, just ignore.
Bloody Brad Pitt on my flight back from LA! 🤭— Luke Williams (@lukeywilliams) June 25, 2018
So my cousin has upgraded to first class on her flight from LA to London and who is she sat next to?? BRAD FKIN PITT!!!! 💦💦💦— Hollie (@holl_brighton) June 25, 2018
Been too hectic to be on Twitter for a while but glad I have found time to tune back in to see these images from @thelincolnite for Netflix’s the King prod by Brad Pitt & filming in my hometown of Lincoln while I am up in Glasgow filming more @Outlander_STARZ #Outlander 😀👍🏽 https://t.co/zfhfCPwojT— Colin McFarlane (@colinmcfarlane) June 26, 2018
Posted by Fussy at 5:25 PM