Introducing W's Best Performances 2020 cover stars: Brad Pitt, @LauraDern, Adam Driver, @jlo, Eddie Murphy, @ChrisEvans, Scarlett Johansson, @AdamSandler and Joaquin Phoenix. View the whole portfolio, here: https://t.co/v52zGk9jOz pic.twitter.com/qnNWIn4J7U— W Magazine (@wmag) January 3, 2020
Brad Pitt
Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood and Ad Astra
The first time I read Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood,
I was summoned by the wild and wonderful Quentin Tarantino to his
house. We went out on his back porch and there was a pretty clean
script, and I read it. Several weeks later, I was called back to the
house, and that same script was dog-eared, coffee stained, and spaghetti
sauced. So many people had been through it. Quentin was on the search
to find two guys who would match up well.
Do you have a karaoke song?
No.
I sing very badly. Animals flee. I can start stampedes. As a kid, I had
the rock star fantasy, but I couldn’t sing or play any instruments, so I
had to go to the next best thing.
Where was your first kiss?
Her
name was Lisa. It was in her garage. Fourth grade. She was one street
over, and I ran home afterward. I was pretty excited—the anticipation
was a bit nerve-wracking. A few kids were already in on it.
Did you always want to be an actor?
I wanted to be Evel Knievel or Muhammad Ali. On Wide World of Sports,
I saw this ski jumper who wiped out in horrible defeat. I had my sights
on something like that. Yeah—it looked cool. That was it for me.
Did you go to your prom?
I
went to two proms! I wore a white tuxedo. Pinned on the corsage. And I
danced. I had a 20-year hiatus where I didn’t dance at all, and now I
kind of see dance as my future. I know I’ll be throwing arms out of
joint and dislocating things, but yeah, I feel like I’ve got the green
light in my soul to explore dance. I don’t know what that means yet, but
I’m feeling moved by the spirit.





