Sunday, March 24, 2019




...Luckily, Fanning has the kind of personality that finds it impossible to hold a grudge, and the sisters are each other’s biggest supporters, keen to find an opportunity to act together soon (pending tick). They also share a stylist, Samantha McMillen, who has helped guide them to the status of red-carpet royalty. It helps that fashion is something Elle loves. “Every red-carpet moment, just go for it. Why not just use it as an experience to wear something and have that moment, you know? I’m always looking at the shows, and I send looks to Samantha and she tries to get them or is inspired by them because with each movie we take inspiration from the character or the vibe of the film. We’re already thinking about Maleficent…”
Well, since she brought it up, what can we expect from the return of one of Disney’s greatest love stories?
 “I hope it’s what the fans are looking for. The mother-daughter relationship that Maleficent and Aurora have, that’s really…played on,” she demurs. What she will reveal though, is a little something about Aurora’s wardrobe – and personality.
“I want Aurora to be a character that [girls] can look up to, who’s strong and all that. But Angelina [Jolie] and I were talking about this: Maleficent, of course, has the dark side, and Aurora is the one who loves pink and is the light and she’s not afraid to be feminine. I think it’s beautiful that I get to represent [someone] who is strong in her beliefs, but is also unwavering in staying true to herself. I wear dresses the whole time throughout the film… I don’t have a moment where I burst into armor, you know what I mean? There’s nothing wrong with loving your feminine side. I think as women we should really love that part of us.”