Highly Selective and Opinionated
I had the pleasure of visiting Thomas Houseago’s studio in Los Angeles today. I was treated to the most inspiring afternoon. He is sculpting some monumental redwood pieces which felt like a crowd in the room. It’s an incredible indulgence to be able to spend time with other artists talking about art. Thomas is a brilliant sculptor with incredibly deep knowledge of form and light. His current work includes an exterior sculptural wall which will be installed at the LACMA. Anyone who creates should spend more time with other creators. I left today feeling incredibly inspired and utterly speechless seeing the studio of a master. #thomashouseago #sculptor @gagosian #gagosiangallery . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #artfurniture #functionalart #ultraluxury #exteriorfurniture #yachtdesign #superyacht #interiordesign #luxuryinteriors #luxuryarchitecture #pitt_pollaro . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #hermes #chanel #ferarri #steinwayandsons #porsche #cartier #rollsroyce #louisvuitton #bmw #bentley #moetchandon #maserati #domainedelaromaneeconti #christies #sothebys #forbes A post shared by Pollaro Custom Furniture (@pollaro_inc) on Feb 21, 2018 at 11:11pm PST
I had so much fun at Thomas Houseago’s studio yesterday that I returned today. I was taken by the way his carving dust, shavings, and chunks of wood hit the floor. The byproduct of the art is also art. I am so grateful for the opportunity to visit. What an amazing week. #thomashouseago #sculptor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #artfurniture #functionalart #ultraluxury #exteriorfurniture #yachtdesign #superyacht #interiordesign #luxuryinteriors #luxuryarchitecture #pitt_pollaro . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #hermes #chanel #ferarri #steinwayandsons #porsche #cartier #rollsroyce #mercedesbenz #louisvuitton #bmw #bentley #tiffanyandco #moetchandon #maserati #domainedelaromaneeconti #christies #sothebys #forbes A post shared by Pollaro Custom Furniture (@pollaro_inc) on Feb 22, 2018 at 9:36pm PST
Visiting with a friend in LA. The HOLLYWOOD sign was originally erected in 1923 and made of wood and metal. It was renovated many times over the years, most recently with a new paint job in 2005. The sign stands 45 feet tall and 350 feet wide, and has since become an American cultural icon. #hollywood #losangeles #movies . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #artfurniture #functionalart #ultraluxury #exteriorfurniture #yachtdesign #superyacht #interiordesign #luxuryinteriors #luxuryarchitecture #pitt_pollaro . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #hermes #chanel #ferarri #steinwayandsons #porsche #cartier #mercedesbenz #louisvuitton #bmw #bentley #tiffanyandco #moetchandon #maserati #domainedelaromaneeconti #christies #sothebys #forbes A post shared by Pollaro Custom Furniture (@pollaro_inc) on Feb 21, 2018 at 1:24pm PST