extra video
dailymail
'He's my family. He's not just a lover and partner, which he is, wonderfully, but he's my family now,'
'We have history and work hard to make it great,' she says. 'We don't kind of relax about it and take each other for granted. Like everybody, we have our challenges, but we're fighting to make it great.'
With rumours continuing to build momentum that the couple will team up on the big screen, the actress and director confirmed that they will both appear in a new project that she's written.
'I really
can't say very much, except that it's not a big movie and it's not an
action movie,' she begins. 'It's the kind of movie we both kind of love
but aren't often cast in.
'It's
a very experimental, independent type film where we get to just be
actors together and be really raw and open and try things.'Despite talk that the Oscar-winner will soon quit acting altogether to focus on directing, she insists that time has not yet come and her movie with Brad, 50, will not be her last acting role.
'No. I'm
getting down there. I think at some point it will be,' she says. 'I love
directing. Unbroken was really just one of the greatest experiences
I’ve ever had working with film.'
Talking
about her latest role, in which she plays the dastardly title character
in Disney's Maleficent, the star revealed her children now greet her
with her with the catchphrase, 'Well, well'.
'My
kids meet me with that when I walk in the door now,' she laughs. 'Knoxy
loves it, and then Knoxy tries to see if everybody else can do it. He
tells Dad he can't do it!'
Angelina Jolie joins us exclusively to chat about casting her daughter in @Maleficent ! @scoopla http://t.co/Ooa7xx1gY9 #1049STARFM
— 104.9 STAR FM (@star1049) May 21, 2014
Actress Angelina Jolie talks Maleficent, anniversary of mastectomy and Nigerian kidnap victims: http://t.co/VWROM1Qax9
— The Associated Press (@AP) May 21, 2014
