Photo vanity fair
‘Gravity’s’ Alfonso Cuaron Talks Moving on From Oscars
For the many who followed the Oscar race closely this year, there was never any doubt that Alfonso Cuaron, the creative brains behind “Gravity,” would win the Oscar for best director.
.......
.......
His director’s award went much smoother. The prize was handed to him by Angelina Jolie and Sidney Poitier, and Cuaron loved the symmetry that he saw in one of his presenters. He first offered the starring astronaut role in “Gravity” to Jolie, who had to turn it down because of other commitments.
“The fact that Angelina was there presenting, when she was one of the early persons who read the screenplay, it was like full circle,” he says. “I told Angie, ‘You know how beautiful this is?’ She said, ‘I get it. I understand.’ Everything closed in a beautiful way.”
...
Read the rest at variety
