Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sasha Stone warms up to B&H




Sasha Stone
Angelina Jolie to appear on 60 Minutes this Sunday. Her new film is being quietly buzzed, in a good way.
 Since nobody knows anything yet, I went with Tree of Life for pic and Scorsese for director for the predictions 
Two prominent New York critics panned THe Descendants so I will be surprised if it pulls that one out but we'll see
ScottFeinbergAgreed--look out for MELANCHOLIA or, if not, THE TREE OF LIFE. #NYFCC

Sasha Stone  
Also since awards season is a snake eating its own tail, the simple act of predicting the NYFCC before they even vote guarantees (cont)
They will want to not be a foregone conclusion. Hence, they might surprise people with what they choose. Right? Wrong?
What if Angelina Jolie's movie hits big? What if it gets the NYFCC? What if it Million Dollar Baby's this awards race?

Scott Mendelson

@
I think WB is positioning EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE as the de-facto MILLION DOLLAR BABY of 2011.
Sasha Stone

@
Would love it if it were a strategy. Time's a ticking down, though. But I could see it ending up that way.

 - But the two Scotts have other ideas though.