- Matthew David Wilder Wow! That's great to hear. I had this weird feeling looking at the preview that Angie crushed it. Good for her.10 hours ago
Susan Oppenheim I loved A Mighty Heart-better prepare for this one-sounds heavy and vital
10 hours ago
David Ehrenstein It really blew me away. I was shown this "blind." I had heard she was
releasing a movie about the Bosnian war, but I had assumed it was a
documentary shot by someone else that she was 'presenting." nstead it's
this awe-inspiring debut. In no way is this a cutesy "vanity project"
from a pampered star.
On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:32:55 -0800, Facebook wrote:
10 hours ago via ·1
David Ehrenstein It certainly is.
"A Might Heart" was really good. But I'd thought that was about as far
as she would go. Never knew there was a world-class filmmaker underneath
that alluring exteriror.
On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:34:42 -0800, Facebook wrote:
10 hours ago via ·1
Jack Taggart I'm so happy to hear that. Angie was talking about that project way back during CHANGELING, and a lot of our Malpaso crew wound up producing it with her. She's got so much passion invested in it, I hope it gets the audience and reception it deserves.
9 hours ago
David Ehrenstein I think it will. It's incredibly moving and bautifully made. And Zana Marjanovic is a major discovery. She sould easily have starred herself and Brad in this -- but that would have obstructed the view.
9 hours ago
Ken has seen it too
Meanwhile, Ken Addams' earlier comments take on new significance in the wake of his revelation that he had seen Blood & Honey back in Sept.
Ken Adams said...
Haha, I saw it in september, just not allowed to say anything about it

@TaybackX
So when are you going to give your full review of In Blood & Honey
now that we know you've had this on lock since September?
@TaybackX
GK & FilmDist must have threatened death to keep reviews on lock.
Usually there's some leaks. D. Ehrenstein is talking though.

@LaraDurden I don't really wanna cause any form of havoc over at GK and FilmDistrict...
@LaraDurden with that said, if some other bloggers start posting reviews, I might as well go ahead..
@AwardsDaily I'm just curious why you've completely ignored Blood and Honey..
Well, it certainly seems that the Million Dollar Baby comparison made earlier here wasn't no joke. Right now, I'm betting my money on Jolie's Blood and Honey to
be one of the frontrunners for Best Picture (director too,
perhaps?), but the main fact is that AJ is dead-on serious here about
cementing her actor-filmmaker position. Let's hope the film is as good
as the trailer is indicating it to be.
3. In the Land of Blood and Honey (December 23rd)
Well, a late addition to the Oscar race. Jolie's directorial debut looks very impressive and seems to handle the subject matter very well. With the Anthony Minghella meets Schindlers List tone set to it, I'm betting my money that this will be the big winner of next year, unless FilmDistrict once again fuck up on the marketing like they've done with Drive and The Rum Diary.
Ken Adams said...
Haha, I saw it in september, just not allowed to say anything about it
LaraDurden
Lara Durden
TaybackX
Ken Adams
Friday, October 21, 2011
In Yo Face, Spielberg and Daldry...
For Your Consideration: Oscar Contenders 2012
3. In the Land of Blood and Honey (December 23rd)
Well, a late addition to the Oscar race. Jolie's directorial debut looks very impressive and seems to handle the subject matter very well. With the Anthony Minghella meets Schindlers List tone set to it, I'm betting my money that this will be the big winner of next year, unless FilmDistrict once again fuck up on the marketing like they've done with Drive and The Rum Diary.