Film writers are in the best position to give informed, objective comment since it is their job to know and write about movies and movie stars.
Angelina Jolie is a rare blend of superstar: One that can be an action star, dominate an Oscar-worthy film, direct one, and give boatloads of her free time and money to people in need. #NoNeedToDisrespectJolie https://t.co/b6iixYHgqZ
— Dan Buffa (@buffa82) February 13, 2021
That Guardian piece on Angelina Jolie is a lazy and kind of baffling misunderstanding of a singular celebrity's appeal as well as the entire concept of star studies. Shock horror as to who wrote it. pic.twitter.com/G53UM8JNsc
— Kayleigh Donaldson (@Ceilidhann) February 13, 2021
Angelina was such a huge star and box office force that SALT was originally supposed to be a Tom Cruise vehicle and they retooled it to be for her, and it drew a massive crowd in my dinky hometown that only gets one movie a week because everyone loves her
— 🏳️🌈 Ms. Marya E. Gates🦩 (@oldfilmsflicker) February 13, 2021
I have now seen the Extremely Bad Take™ piece floating around regarding Angelina Jolie and her movies and not for the first time am I wishing that Film Twitter would stop thinking inflammatory takes = insightful criticism.
— Alisha Grauso (@AlishaGrauso) February 13, 2021
If you don’t like Angelina Jolie then fine, but don’t act like people don’t go to see her films pic.twitter.com/5XbYTMOLYF
— Ashley K. (@AshleyKSmalls) February 13, 2021
...simply didn't apply where she was concerned. I can't imagine what that must have been like for her. (I thought she was smart and sensible and articulate when I encountered her on set and later promoting the film.)
— Neil Gaiman (@neilhimself) February 13, 2021
Exactly so.
— Neil Gaiman (@neilhimself) February 13, 2021
hmmm why is angelina jolie famous......a piano fell on my head in 1995 and ive just woken up now btw
— Bec Shaw (@Brocklesnitch) February 14, 2021