Friday, May 22, 2020



Seliger donated 25 limited-edition prints to be auctioned off online by Christie’s in a campaign called RADArt4Aid. Bidding will take place May 28-June 12, and 100% of the proceeds will go toward coronavirus-relief charities. Each celebrity chose an organization to receive the funds from the sale of the work in which he or she is pictured.
Brad Pitt chose Meals on Wheels; Bruce Springsteen, Community FoodBank of New Jersey. Jennifer Lopez selected America’s Food Fund. President Barack Obama and Willie Nelson had the same idea: World Central Kitchen.

Brad Pitt, photographed in Humboldt, Calif., on Aug. 12, 2014, for the November 2014 issue of Details magazine. (Mark Seliger)

Brad Pitt. “I’ve had the great honor of working with Mr. Pitt over the years from the beginning of ‘Interview With the Vampire,’ and what I love about working together, he’s felt as enthusiastic about making great imagery as I did. And he challenged me: ‘What can we do that feels monumental?’ This is in Humboldt County — Avenue of the Giants in the redwood forest. We decided to have a few of his own motorcycles brought up. We spent two days taking pictures. I was laying on my stomach on the roof of an old SUV moving maybe 30 miles an hour. We did a lot of practicing before he got there. I don’t do my own stunts usually but this one I wanted to. This picture, it’s freedom, it just captures him. I find him to be an artist that allows himself to be part of whatever he commits to, and that gives [the work] a sense of authenticity.”