Monday, April 13, 2020




Jean Ann Black's home is in Santa Monica.
Brad said to GQ in April 2017:
"I went and stayed on a friend's floor, a little bungalow in Santa Monica. ... so I stayed at my friend's house on the floor for a month and a half—until I was out there one morning, 5:30, and this surveillance van pulls up. They don't know that I'm up behind a wall, and they pull up—and it's a long story—but it was something more than TMZ, because they got into my friend's computer. The stuff they can do these days.... So I got a little paranoid being there. I decided I had to pick up and come here."
No bracelets or bee ring.  They probably finished taping before July 2019.



Their relationship goes beyond the film set, though. The actor refers to her as family and even occasionally crashes on her couch when he's on the West Coast. That is to say, they're quite close—Black even had to apply makeup to Pitt's butt during the filming of Legends of the Fall in 1994 to cover some "bad tan lines," Pitt reveals.
The episode focuses on a 400-square-foot unit in Black's backyard that had, up until now, served as storage for the makeup artist— all that occupies the space are a few shelves filled with plastic storage totes and a couple folding chairs. For the past 10 years, Black has been telling Pitt that she wanted to turn it into a guest suite, but she never got the opportunity. Pitt wanted to finally give that to her—and it couldn't be just any type of guest suite. He notes that it has to offer extensive storage elements, a makeup station (as Black has never had one), and a bathroom. "I'm going to ask for the impossible," he says to the Scotts, adding a kitchen area to the design plan. The men have exactly three weeks to complete the project in time for Black's return from a work trip.
While the Property Brothers take the lead on the design, Pitt assists. To maximize the space, they choose a Murphy bed from Resource Furniture. The fold-up bed pulls right down from the wall and directly over the sofa. While the wall contains a shelf, the bed pulls down so smoothly that nothing has to be moved off of it. They also deck out the guest suite with a secret door bookshelf—once you push on the book, the shelf opens like a door and leads into a walk-in storage closet. Inside the closet, where Black’s makeup equipment can live, the Brothers include a special portrait of her late parents. They also add a patio area outside.
Treating this like a tiny house project, the Brothers were really able to amplify this small space. "It was such a s h*t box, this is amazing. It’s fantastic," Pitt says, marveling at the final result. “I’ve been waiting so long to see something happen to this dump."
At the end of the episode, we finally got to meet Black, as the three men surprise her. " I’m really just so flabbergasted," she says. "I know Brad’s generosity, it’s huge,” she continues. “But for him to do this, it’s really more than I ever thought could happen. I am so touched by this, I could really not thank you enough."


The Scott Brothers  Season 1 Episode 1 Resource Guide




Having Brad Pitt on the debut season of your new TV show is a pretty big get. So big, in fact, it could even be mistaken for a prank, as told on the premiere episode of Jonathan and Drew Scott's new show, "Celebrity IOU" (HGTV, Monday at 9 p.m. EDT/PDT). 
"Jonathan just got a call one day, and the person was like, 'Hey, this is Brad,'" Drew recalls to USA TODAY. "Jonathan’s like, 'Brad from college or…?' And he said, 'No, Brad Pitt."
It turns out the man who swept this past awards season and charmed us all with his acceptance speeches is a fan of the Scott brothers and their work, which includes renovation shows like "Property Brothers" and "Property Brothers: Forever Home." In the newest television project, stars – including Melissa McCarthy, Viola Davis, Rebel Wilson, Michael Buble and Jeremy Renner – are able to pay back those who have greatly affected their lives. 
And the stars didn't put on a show when it came to getting down and dirty. Drew says the famous faces wanted to be "hands-on."
"They all wanted to use the power tools, they all wanted to smash through walls," he says. "Nobody was just saying, 'Oh, go renovate it for this person.'" 
With his safety glasses and newsboy cap on, Pitt helps demo a ceiling and break through a wall to help give his longtime makeup artist Jean Ann Black a multi-use guest house/workspace. Pitt says the two are "like brother and sister," and there are no ifs, ands or butts about it – they are close. He reveals on "Celebrity IOU" that while filming "Legends of the Fall" (1994), she had to touch up his tuchus over "bad tan lines."
Repaying the favor in his own way, the movie star "knew what material would work best" for Black, Johnathan says, and provided helpful solutions to transform the space into what she needed. Pitt was also a delight on set.
"Brad was such a gentleman, and he was so easy to work with and to talk to," Jonathan says. "It was remarkable, too, because – I've never had this before with any celebrity I've ever met, but when he came in, the very first time, he took the time to meet everybody and he remembered every single crew member’s name, both the production crew and construction crew.
"And then, even in subsequent days when he would come back and film, or for the reveal, he remembered everybody’s name and took that time to show his appreciation," Jonathan continues. "He was through and through a true gentleman."