Where is this (the Oscar) going?Brad Pitt opens up after winning his first #Oscars for acting: “I see my father in everything.” #Oscars@RobinRoberts https://t.co/eBdwZnnQqJ pic.twitter.com/zxFdzB1kKj— Good Morning America (@GMA) February 10, 2020
I don't know yet, haven't gone that far.
...
You were talking about the sense of responsibility, going forward, what's it like for you?
I really think it's high time I go and disappear for a while. And get back to making things. I look forward to that.
Pitt, who won his first Oscar in 2014 as a producer for Best Picture 12 Years A Slave, telling us the key to happiness in Hollywood is family and love.
"It's about staying creative and see what comes out. That may be the answer, staying creative and hanging with your loved ones."
He said the same thing in his "interview" with Anthony Hopkins:
"We’re human, we want purpose, we want meaning in our lives.” But to attain that, the key is two things: staying creative and being with the people we love."Through the awards season, he was asked predictable, easy questions on how he must be enjoying life now as an awards winner and he hesitated to give answer.
You've won every single award, is this the time of your life?Is Brad Pitt having the time of his life? “No, I hope not. I hope I got other sh*t going on” #Oscars pic.twitter.com/hjgp58JdUU— Variety (@Variety) February 10, 2020
"Uuuuuuuuh, no. Well, no, I hope not. I hope I've got other shit going on. But it has been a really special run. It's a community I love, friends I've made over 30 years. It means a lot to me, truly. I feel a responsibility to that, more than anything, more than a victory lap. I think it's time to disappear for a while now, and get back to making things."
At the SAG he was asked: 'What's the best thing about life for Brad Pitt today?'
"It's a beautiful day in L.A. today. We got it well, we got it really good. It's just a beautiful day. — I got lovely kids, I like my coffee, I like my dogs, I have no complaints."
Asked how he'll celebrate his Oscar win with the family he replied, "I don't know yet. We'll see." He was also asked what Maddox's review of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was and he demurred, "I just keep that indoors."
The therapeutic process is still not yet complete -- 3 1/2 years after it started.
Brad wanted to win and campaigned to win but the awards ceremonies themselves were bittersweet because he couldn't have Angelina attending beside him. He couldn't publicly acknowledge her and share the moments with her. He couldn't 'hang with his loved one' as he had in past ceremonies and it put a big damper on his celebration. He didn't want to pretend to be as happy as people expected him to be when it was far from what he was feeling. He was determined to be truthful, not to lie again. He doesn't hide his disappointment. When Kate Winslet won for Best Actress over Angelina in 2008, he didn't want to stand to applaud her.
Angelina and the kids haven't been photographed since January 6 and Brad said, "I think it's time to disappear for a while now, and get back to making things." Disappear from Hollywood and Make it Right.
"So many times in my life, I've screwed up. I've talked when I should have listened. I've been harsh when I should have been tender."
"I made a promise to always be truthful. But I wasn't."
"I'm selfish. I'm selfish. I've let so many people down. I'm just a selfish person."
"a self-destructive side"
"I am looking forward to the day my solitude ends. And I'm home."
He ended with a love note to Angelina: "I'm unsure of the future, but I'm not concerned. I will rely on those closest to me. And will share their burdens, as they share mine. I will live, and love."
Brad Pitt encourages his kids to “follow their passions… It’s about guiding as you can, but that they get to try everything on and find where their passion lies” #Oscars pic.twitter.com/eC8MuhY9uV— Variety (@Variety) February 10, 2020
The actor's oldest son, Maddox, turned 18 last August, and has already dipped his toes into the world of film production. He's currently in his first year of college in South Korea, but Pitt's Once Upon a Time director, Quentin Tarantino, could recognize Maddox's eye for film early on. Tarantino said that Maddox gave one of the best film reviews he's ever heard for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.Brad Pitt doesn't necessarily want his kids to be actors like him. https://t.co/bOmuI0BkV4— Entertainment Tonight (@etnow) February 10, 2020
He also hasn't yet figured out how he'll celebrate his big Oscar win with the family. "I don't know yet," he revealed. "We'll see."
Brad Pitt still refuses to say whether or not he’s updating his Tinder profile with his awards: “You’ll just have to look it up” #Oscars pic.twitter.com/xWi8vjwyzl— Variety (@Variety) February 10, 2020
Brad Pitt explains his shoutout to Robert Garcia, a “dear, old friend” in the Teamsters | #Oscars pic.twitter.com/Rfuf55tni3— Variety (@Variety) February 10, 2020
Brad Pitt backstage at the #Oscars talking about what prompted the political reference in his speech: "I was really disappointed with this week...I don't think we should let it slide. I'm very serious about that." pic.twitter.com/OlQA2cLQCC— IndieWire (@IndieWire) February 10, 2020
THE OSCARS® - The 92nd Oscars® broadcasts live on Sunday, Feb. 9,2020 at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood and will be televised live on The ABC Television Network at 8:00 p.m. EST/5:00 p.m. PST. (ARTURO HOLMES via Getty Images) KATHY BATES, BRIE LARSON, BRAD PITT, CAMILA MORRONE, LEONARDO DICAPRIO, BONG JOON HO, TAIKA WAITITI
HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - FEBRUARY 09: (L-R) Joaquin Phoenix, winner of the Actor in a Leading Role award for "Joker," Renée Zellweger, winner of the Actress in a Leading Role award for "Judy," and Brad Pitt, winner of the Actor in a Supporting Role award for "Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood," pose in the press room during the 92nd Annual Academy Awards at Hollywood and Highland on February 09, 2020 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic)
Brad Pitt was just as mellow offstage as he was onstage.— Anthony Breznican (@Breznican) February 10, 2020
“I was hoping to catch my breath,” he said.@VanityFair is reporting from the wings of the stage at the #Oscars:https://t.co/Je62sGRhfd
5:15 p.m. As best supporting actor winner Brad Pitt was wrapping up onstage, Idina Menzel appeared backstage with her coterie of international Elsas, the actresses who voiced the character in foreign languages releases of Frozen 2. She warmed up her voice by belting “into the UNKNOWN!” just as Pitt was hitting the story about making the journey to Hollywood—a contrast for sure.
Arriving backstage after his win, Pitt appeared unflappable, just as mellow backstage as he was onstage. A video crew backstage has a “thank-you cam” set up for winners, aimed at getting people to say something meaningful on the show while saving their personal shout-outs for Oscars.com. Asked if he’d like to thank anyone, he blinked. “Didn’t I just do that?” When they explained, he got it. “Ohhh, to thank all the other people,” he said, and stepped up to name names.
After he finished, his Academy guide asked him what he wanted to do next. “I was hoping to catch my breath,” Pitt said. He also asked for some water and was handed a bottle before connecting with Rebel Wilson, who was his guide from the wings of the Dolby Theater through the corridors and elevators leading to the press room in the hotel next door.
Brad Pitt backstage, just moments after winning the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. #Oscars pic.twitter.com/0vXToWTAgq— The Academy (@TheAcademy) February 10, 2020
HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - FEBRUARY 09: Brad Pitt, winner of the Actor in a Supporting Role award for “Once upon a Time...in Hollywood,” poses in the press room during the 92nd Annual Academy Awards at Hollywood and Highland on February 09, 2020 in Hollywood, California.
HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - FEBRUARY 09: In this handout photo provided by A.M.P.A.S. Regina King and Best Actor in a Supporting Role winner Brad Pitt embrace backstage during the 92nd Annual Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre on February 09, 2020 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Richard Harbaugh - Handout/A.M.P.A.S. via Getty Images)
What a normal congratulatory hug looks like.
#Oscars Moment: Brad Pitt wins Best Supporting Actor for @OnceInHollywood pic.twitter.com/TSGjMB3v8P— The Academy (@TheAcademy) February 10, 2020
“Thank you. This is incredible, really incredible. Thank you to the academy for this honor of honors. They told me I only have 45 seconds up here, which is 45 seconds more than the Senate gave John Bolton this week. I’m thinking maybe Quentin does a movie about it, and in the end, the adults do the right thing.
“This really is about Quentin Jerome Tarantino. You are original. You are one of a kind. The film industry would be a much drier place without you. And I love the ethos you gave Cliff Booth: Look for the best in people. Expect the worst, but look for the best. Leo, I’ll ride on your coattails any day, man. The view’s fantastic.
“And to the rest of the cast and crew, big bad Bob Richardson, Robert Garcia, Richie, my man Mike Moh. You know, I also want to say, you know while we’re doing all this I think it’s time we give a little love to our stunt coordinators and our stunt crews.
“Listen, I’m a bit gobsmacked. I’m not, I’m not one to look back, but this has made me do so and I think of my folks taking me to the drive-in to see ‘Butch and Sundance’ and loading up my car and moving out here and Geena and Ridley giving me my first shot, to all the wonderful people I’ve met along the way to stand here now.
“Once upon a time in Hollywood ... ain’t that the truth. This is for my kids, who color everything I do. I adore you.”
HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - FEBRUARY 09: (L-R) Regina King presents the Actor in a Supporting Role award for 'Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood' to Brad Pitt onstage during the 92nd Annual Academy Awards at Dolby Theatre on February 09, 2020 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - FEBRUARY 09: (L-R) Brad Pitt and Bradley Cooper attend the 92nd Annual Academy Awards at Dolby Theatre on February 09, 2020 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Olha o Brad Pitt radiante e agora VENCEDOR DO OSCAR! #Oscars #OmeleteNoOscar pic.twitter.com/XxoMypihIQ— omelete (@omelete) February 10, 2020
Brad Pitt was did NOT want that solo performance #Oscars pic.twitter.com/4LQZ6fJZ1L— Chicks in the Office (@ChicksInTheOff) February 10, 2020
Just caught last year’s supporting actor winner Mahershala Ali greeting the man who may follow him, Brad Pitt pic.twitter.com/YgGlBHxTdn— Kyle Buchanan (@kylebuchanan) February 10, 2020














