“I wanted to bring my mom but I couldn’t because any woman I stand next to, they say I’m dating, it would just be awkward.”
He has made three categorical dating denials the past month -- two today alone. Not, Never, Not interested. It was so important to him to get that message out that he looked for a way to deliver it before a huge, worldwide audience. It is an emphatic declaration that he has never looked at anyone else since they got together. They've both never looked at anyone else. They've always been together.
“When I asked Quentin how he wanted us to play two aging movie guys who were on their way out, he said, ‘Just be yourself.’ “— #BradPitt #OnceUponATimeInHollywood #GoldenGlobes— EpegaMedia (@DGirlJay) January 6, 2020
All the runners and riders🌟
👉🏽https://t.co/UUF6ov54sB @HollywoodLonTV
📸Greg Williams @GregWInsight pic.twitter.com/W9NbtTbNEN
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA - JANUARY 05: Brad Pitt poses in the press room during the 77th Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 05, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Daniele Venturelli/WireImage)
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA - JANUARY 05: David Heyman, Shannon McIntosh, Margaret Qualley, Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt, Julia Butters, and Leonardo DiCaprio poses in the press room during the 77th Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 05, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Steve Granitz/WireImage,)
Anne Thompson, Indiewire
Brad Pitt, as expected, won his second Globe after seven nods as stuntman Cliff Booth — and basked in a standing ovation. The affection for him in the Beverly Hilton ballroom was palpable. And he will continue to win at SAG and the Oscars. “I wouldn’t be here without you, man,” he said to his beaming “all-star,” Leonardo DiCaprio, before thanking Sony chairman Tom Rothman for having the “big balls” to take on the film.
“I have to thank my partner in crime, LDC...he’s an all star, he’s a gent. I wouldn’t be here without you man.” - Brad Pitt #GoldenGlobes pic.twitter.com/r4FSLW1JFT— E! News (@enews) January 6, 2020
Transcript of Pitt’s speech via L.A. Times.
“Thank you to the eclectic and ever raucous Hollywood Foreign Press Assn.
You know, when I was starting out, these names that were just listed — [Al] Pacino, [Joe] Pesci, [Tom] Hanks, my de facto mentor from afar, Sir Tony Hopkins — wherever you are Tony, you know I love you — were like gods to me. And this is an honor in itself, and all my respect, sincerely.
I have to start by thanking the man himself, Mr. Quentin Tarantino — the man, the myth, the legend — for this experience, for the film. One I’ll never forget. I thank you, my brother, I really appreciate it.
I also have to thank my partner in crime, LDC. Before ‘The Revenant,’ I used to watch, you know, year after year his costars accept awards and thank him profusely. I know why. He’s an all-star, he’s a gent, and I wouldn’t be here without you and I thank you.
Still, I would have shared the raft.
There are so many people who I want to thank, who all gave their very best. I’m just going to squeeze it down to our producers, Shannon McIntosh, David Heyman. I want to thank Tom Rothman for his big balls taking on this film. I have some people I love who have been my friends for decades Cynthia Pett, Bryan Lourd...
I want to say hi to my folks because, hey, they’re back in the Ozarks. I wanted to bring my mom, but I couldn’t because any woman I stand next to, they say I’m dating and it would just be awkward.
All right, thank you.
Hey, if you see a chance to be kind to someone tomorrow, take it. I think we need it.”
Big and somewhat unexpected standing O for Brad Pitt, who is on his way to winning his first acting Oscar. pic.twitter.com/2OBiCcioDO— Scott Feinberg (@ScottFeinberg) January 6, 2020
This is what happens during a commercial break at the #GoldenGlobes: high-power, A-list #Hollywood schmoozing. pic.twitter.com/pT03lXWhek— ruben nepales (@nepalesruben) January 6, 2020
Charlize is waiting in the back of the room because they won’t seat people who are sitting on the floor between commercial breaks pic.twitter.com/9KU6CEYGD6— Scott Feinberg (@ScottFeinberg) January 6, 2020
That shot of Brad Pitt looking irritated at Gervais’s opening monologue made me like Brad Pitt. #GoldenGlobes— Naomi Cooper (@naomicooper) January 6, 2020
Quentin and Al pic.twitter.com/6lPt4YIAFu— Scott Feinberg (@ScottFeinberg) January 6, 2020
How many A-listers can you spot in this clip of people before the Golden Globes? pic.twitter.com/290iZbSAXe— Scott Feinberg (@ScottFeinberg) January 6, 2020
Brad Pitt KNOWS what everyone's thinking, and he's down for a Jennifer Aniston run-in at the #GoldenGlobes! pic.twitter.com/emWbPbHlC2— Entertainment Tonight (@etnow) January 6, 2020
Everyone is waiting, they're hoping for this moment when you and Jennifer run into each other so they can take their picture.
"I'll run into Jen, she's a good friend. So they can..."
You know how this goes.
"The second most important reunion of her year. It was a play on Friends and they were saying that...Anyways."
"You know usually, anyone who stands next to me, it's usually reported as -- ."
#BradPitt tells reporters "I like fish. I have koi fish" when asked to give a random fact about himself #GoldenGlobeshttps://t.co/31l9z5aVrx pic.twitter.com/1fOwldKDZI— ET Canada (@ETCanada) January 6, 2020
No “fish breath” at the #GoldenGlobes: Brad Pitt praises the evening’s vegan menu. pic.twitter.com/NoLLBtUWuh— AP Entertainment (@APEntertainment) January 6, 2020





