Elle Fanning has big plans. The star opens up about her new role in @netflix's 'All The Bright Places,' having a "period face," and what she plans to do next. Read why our February cover star thinks she "was possibly born in the wrong era" here: https://t.co/ceEeQXLdqd pic.twitter.com/k5JfvUEy5t— Marie Claire (@marieclaire) January 16, 2020
She is such easy company, with a certain bubbly innocence. You can see why Disney cast her as Princess Aurora against Angelina Jolie’s Maleficent. It’s a role she first took on at age 14, but she’s 21 now, and after doing last fall’s sequel, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, she and Jolie are on different terms. “Angelina’s and my relationship definitely changed. She didn’t have to look at me as a kid; she didn’t have to censor what she could talk about.” She laughs. “That was exciting, to have that relationship.”
...
I get the feeling that high school scared Fanning far more than any film set. She talks about it like she’s still trying to get away from it and from her peer group. Whereas she’s taken with “the grittiness of acting. Let’s just get as dirty as possible. I love the blood. You come home and you’ve got bruises on your body. You’re like, Ahhh, I really worked hard today. I like that feeling. Like I really did something. Because I’m someone who can think about things too much and freeze up.” The red carpet, which would scare others, similarly thrills her. “From a young age, I knew every model’s name on the runway. I was totally looking in magazines, like, That looks good.” And so “the red carpet is a fun place for me. I don’t get anxiety. It’s a creative space where I get to be 100 percent me, not a character. It’s kind of like my soul coming out.” No surprise that she’s been a face of Miu Miu’s fragrance and is currently a face of L’Oréal Paris.
...