Friday, October 13, 2017








It sounds like Villeneuve will start prep on his next film in December, at the earliest.  It might be Dune, although that would mean back-to-back dense sci-fi films after Blade Runner 2049Cleopatra seems closer to being ready, but Angelina won't be free til probably fall next year, after Maleficent 2 and probably WWZ 2Cleopatra is a big production and it could need 6 - 9 months of prep.

-- Fussy


indiewire

Dennis Villenueve

Next up: He stops.

Soon, Villeneuve will tackle remakes of two other big-scale epics: the Frank Herbert sci-fi classic that defeated David Lynch, “Dune,” and producer Scott Rudin’s long-in-the-works “Cleopatra,” based on the Stacy Schiff non-fiction opus (not the Elizabeth Taylor version that almost bankrupted Twentieth Century Fox). But first: a nap.
“I want to just sleep, and take the month of November to think about what happened over the past six years, reflect on that,” said Villeneuve. “I have some projects, but I said to everybody, ‘I want to work, but I don’t want to start prep.’ It’s a privilege to work at that rhythm, to be in contact always with the camera, I deeply loved it, but you are always in the present time, then you shoot another movie. I need to watch movies, read books, and cook for a while before I jump again.”