Friday, September 15, 2017



Random Fuzzy


The People interview likely took place before Telluride since there is no mention of the film's reception.


"I'm going to really go for it this year.  I'm going to have a crazy Halloween party and see if I can rock the neighborhood."  
-  Natalie Portman and David Fincher both live in Laughlin Park, so we can look forward to perhaps learning just how they rocked the neighborhood.  It's another difference between living in the DeMille and Hollywood Hills. 


I think they're itching to get out in the world again and have an adventure.  If they want a lot of adventures, I think we'll get out there and play together.  We've all been a bit in lockdown and going through some things, so I think it would be good for all of us.
- She and the children have already spent part of the past few months out in the world, playing together and having adventures in Siem Reap, London, Namibia, Telluride, Toronto and New York.  The "lockdown" is effectively just Brad not being seen with any of them.  The "itch" is to finally get out in the world and play together with him.  He would be itching the most.  Between this and their plans for Halloween, you get a sense that they really can't wait to publicly break loose and be free.  It should happen some time before Halloween.



-  Since she declined to discuss the split and People could only repeat what her lawyer said at the time that it was "for the health of the family," the writers gave their interpretation of her reticence and emotion:  "But it's clear that the wounds from the acrimonious split are still fresh."  They went beyond her quotes to speculate on what she refused to comment on: "rumors of a reconciliation are improbable."  Mary Green evidently does not (yet) have their story and the (semi) exclusive People was sitting on was this interview. 



- Now that her talent as a director has been widely acknowledged, if her next film is also a success, it will no longer be a "surprising" triumph but just her latest triumph.  Even after Tellurides's executive director, Julie Huntsinger -- dubbed "the most low-key kingmaker in the business" whose festival "virtually mints Academy Awards" -- singled out FTKMF, there was reason to be cautious.  Huntsinger acknowledged that the film would be met with pre-conceived bias just because of who the director was.  So while quite a few movie writers have remarked that another name on the marquee would have allowed the film to garner more and stronger accolades, I am very impressed with what it already has so far.


It's been 8 years since I've done an action movie, so my kids really don't know me like that.  They have asked that I consider one, and they've offered to train me. Knox the other day goes 'Mom, I can train you, I can help you run.  Do push ups.   
She previously told Baz Bamigboye:
They like the idea of going to London, so we are looking at the possibility of maybe doing Maleficent 2, perhaps in January.
'They do like the idea of Mum doing something with action. They want Mum to get herself together, and do some kick-ass. It's been a while. My last action film was eight years ago, 

-  Maleficent has fairy powers so it would be interesting to see how they weave that and kick ass action.  Knox, a big Star Wars fan, would probably love to see her in a similar adventure. 



-  She and Luong said in one of their red carpet interviews that they love watching scary movies.  Since Universal has not yet announced who will replace her in Bride of Frankenstein, I wonder if there was an interest in making it scarier, leaning more on the horror side than The Mummy which was more of an action-adventure.



-  It would also be interesting to see when her Harper's Bazaar Namibian spread finally hits and what the write up will say since it's apparently not in support of FTKMF


-- Fussy



AJBrasil