Thursday, May 8, 2014

Event 4



Videos & Exhibit

















movieweb

"A great amount of action and adventure and humor.  Great original characters.....told with a great deal of wicked fun.""














Absolute Radio




Brad Pitt delighted fans by posing for them, and even helping them get the best angles on their selfies with him, when he joined fiancée Angelina Jolie at an event in London Thursday.

The evening, held at Kensington Palace, showcased some of the costumes from Jolie's new movie Maleficent.

While Pitt, 50, was there to provide red carpet support, the movie is very much a family affair – it is the first time Jolie has worked with her children on screen, and she told reporters it was "great to act" with them. (Their oldest child, Maddox, 12, also attended the event, wearing all-black, like his parents, with a red tie.)

Jolie, 38, dazzled onlookers in a floor-length black beaded backless dress, Louboutin heels and wore her long hair up in a chignon accessorized with diamond earrings.

The actress, filmmaker and UNHCR Special Envoy also used the occasion to raise awareness of the kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls, saying, "We should attack [the kidnappers] from all sides."

Also at the event was Elle Fanning who said of her Oscar-winning costar, "The first time I met her at the studio, she gave me a great big hug and said, 'We're going to have so much fun doing this.' "

And even though a former PEOPLE Sexiest Man Alive was standing nearby, when asked who her Prince Charming would be, tFanning, 16, told reporters, "I've always had a crush on Ryan Gosling."

Actor Sam Riley was asked what it was like to be Jolie's minion. "There are worse jobs," he said. "It was fun being her lackey."

The World of Maleficent costume exhibit will be on display at Sky Studios in London's O2 arena from May 24 to June 14.


AP












BBC

Angelina Jolie: Maleficent role 'wonderfully wicked'

Hollywood star Angelina Jolie walked the blue carpet in London on Thursday night to promote her new film Maleficent, a fresh take of the Sleeping Beauty fairytale.
Speaking to the BBC's Lizo Mzimba, she said that playing the role of a "wonderfully wicked" villain was very challenging but also "great fun".
The actress also spoke about her sorrow at the abduction of more than 200 Nigerian children by Boko Haram militants - and said the world needed to send a message that crimes against women in conflict zones had to end.
Video at BBC



















dailymail
















telegraph video





Jolie, who looked stunning in Versace, giggled when asked if she was proud of daughter Vivienne for playing young Princess Aurora in the film. “Everybody who is a parent, we know our kids and our kids make us laugh so much, and the idea that they are even in a film makes you giggle… she’s lost her front teeth and she’s in her pajamas and the fact that she’s being talked about on a carpet is funny.”
When asked if any of the other Jolie-Pitt children will get into acting, Angelina said, “No and I don’t think Vivienne is going to be an actor either. She just did it simply because the other children were terrified of me… we tried to cast other kids, but they cried, it wasn’t because I wanted her to be an actress, it was because, really, other 5-year-olds would see me and just cry.”







Angelina Jolie was joined on the rain-sodden blue carpet by fiance Brad Pitt and their eldest son Maddox at the preview of a special costume exhibition at London's Kensington Palace.

The 38-year-old makes her big-screen comeback in the title role in the Disney film, Maleficent, four years since action thrillers Salt and The Tourist.
The two-time Oscar-winning actress, wearing a black beaded billowy dress by Versace, said she has always been drawn towards villains rather than princesses, ahead of her latest role as Sleeping Beauty sorceress Maleficent.
"What isn't there to like about Maleficent? She was my favourite when I was little. I wasn't into princesses and I thought she was so elegant and so powerful," she said.
"She scared me a little bit, but I think it's a natural thing for children, and everybody to want to understand their fears and to get closer to those things - the shadows, the dark and what frightens us - so I was always curious."
Jolie continued: "And then I read the script. It's such a beautiful script. It was very moving and it helps you understand that things are not black and white.
"There isn't just good and evil in the world, and she's an advocate of that. She wasn't always the way that she is now."
The mother of six, whose five-year-old daughter Vivienne makes her acting debut in the film, said she understands why fairy tales have such universal appeal.
"I suppose we all want to believe in happy endings," she continued. "But fairytales take aspects of the human condition and magnify them, the characters and feelings. They help us relate to the questions and stories but they do it in a much more colourful way."
Elle Fanning portrays Princess Aurora, with British actor Sam Riley as Maleficent's henchman Diaval.
"Whenever anyone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would say a Disney princess. I was like five (years old). That was the ultimate dream," Fanning said.
The 16-year-old, who epitomised the princess look with a cream embroidered gown by Georges Hobeika, added: "It was a huge spectacle - and when you add Angelina to the mix - so I was in awe the whole time."
Riley, 34, added: "I said yes because I had never done anything like this before and to work with Angelina on a big movie like this, I thought I'd be an idiot to say no. I really loved it because it's different from what I've done previously - incredible sets and movie stars. It's fun."
The Maleficent Costume Display features costumes and props from the film, including the Maleficent wings.
Maleficent, which also stars Lesley Manville, Juno Temple, Imelda Staunton and Sharlto Copley, opens in cinemas on May 28.
Press Association