Friday, March 21, 2014








Jack O'Connell Talks Angelina Jolie: 'She Is So Inspiring'

MTV News UK discuss new movie Unbroken


Jack O'Connell has revealed he felt "immense pressure" when working alongside director Angelina Jolie on forthcoming movie, Unbroken.
The flick is based on the life of Louis Zamperini, an Italian-American World War II prisoner of war survivor, who went on to become an inspirational speaker and Olympic distance runner.
When asked by MTV News UK if he felt any pressure playing Zamperini, the former Skins star revealed: "Immense pressure. I think probably like no other job I’ve ever approached before.
"I was very aware of the character for good and bad reasons. I had to be emaciated and athletic in the same sort of month at one stage, and yeah, I mean very adverse but I feel good for it being in a position where it is now completed.”
Speaking of what Jolie was like on set, Jack revealed: “Very selfless, very hard working and always put the job first and I think for a director who’s probably as much as anyone.
“Day in, day out, to see her focus and achieve what she did was so inspiring from my point of view.”
While Ange inspired the team, her hunky other half, Brad Pitt, was also on set to offer kind words, with O'Connell adding: “He was nice enough to complement our project at the end
"I took a lot from that because obviously I’ve looked up to him as an actor for as long as I can remember. I’ve always been aware of his work."
O'Connell is currently appearing in new movie Starred Up, with Unbroken due for release later this year.

Read the full post and watch the video at mtvuk



The Empire Podcast #103: Josh Brolin, Jack O'Connell
Do you like the base, bass, base, bass?

21 March 2014  |  Written by Phil de Semlyen  

This week's Empire Podcast is an ear-tickling, can-tastic array of filmic delights. Leading off is one-time Goonie, ex-George Dubya and current Labor Day star Josh Brolin discussing his life and times in a wonderfully witty and muscle-bound 15 minutes.
In hot pursuit down the information superhighway we know as "pod" is Jack O'Connell. The Brit, who delivers a hard-hitting turn in classy prison drama Starred Up, talks about his career to date, a likely breakthrough role in Angelina Jolie's Unbroken and his blazing passion for Derby County, as well as offering up an exclusive This Is England 90 scoop.








Read the full post at empire