The interview took place earlier today in the Foreign Minister's official country residence in Chevening, Kent.
Cathy Newman
Presenter
Angelina Jolie: why I can't stay silent on warzone rape
Exclusive: As the UK prepares to send an expert team to the Syrian region to support victims of rape, Angelina Jolie tells Channel 4 News why she feels compelled to take action against the problemFull interview
Exclusive: Jolie backs UK moves to tackle warzone rape
Exclusive: The British government is sending a team of experts to Syria to gather evidence on warzone rape - a move backed by UN special envoy and actress Angelina Jolie.
Speaking to Channel 4 News she said: "I think it (the deployment of experts) must be done.
"I work a lot with refugees and you meet the people and they immediately want to start talking, they want to know what's happening to their future. They want to participate and put on record what is happening in the country.
"They want things not to be missed, they want to know one day they will be able to go home and there will be accountability. It matters to them emotionally and it matters to the future of their country on a legal level that they will be able to find some justice and move forward and have their basic human rights protected."
Talking about the UN's response to the current crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ms Jolie said: "It's a very, very complex situation.
"I reach out to UNHCR and we talk often, daily on what is happening and I know the team there is extremely frustrated they can't access the people, they can't get to the displaced people because of the violence until there is a ceasefire. It's complicated."
William Hague
Grateful for Angelina Jolie's support for UK team of experts being deployed to help survivors of rape in #Syrian conflict
Foreign Office (FCO)
.@williamjhague: Angelina Jolie's film 'In the Land of Blood & Honey' was one of inspirations behind #UK Govt's campaign. #sexualviolence
Brooks Newmark MP
"Why Angelina Jolie and I are working together on campaign against rape in warzones." By @WilliamJHague Full interview http://ow.ly/fK3hl
Cathy Newman
EXCLUSIVE @Channel4News interview at 6.55 with Angelina Jolie on warzone rape and why she might quit acting to focus on being a mom
