Found It! Angelina Jolie’s Oscars Lipstick
Mar 5, 2012 @ 4:35 pm
Angelina Jolie‘s right leg made a splash at the 2012 Oscars, but we think her perfect red lipstick really stole the spotlight! That’s why we caught up with her makeup artist Toni Garavaglia to get the inside scoop on her look. “We wanted to balance Angelina’s makeup with her elegant Atelier Versace dress,” she told InStyle.com exclusively. “We decided that a red lip paired with a soft, clean smoky eye was the way to go.” Garavaglia lightly applied Jolie’s eye shadow, added a dash of liquid liner, then pulled the entire look together with a generous sweep of MAC’s Russian Red lipstick, a true cherry with blue undertones. Head over to maccosmetics.com to pick up a tube of your own for $15, and click through our gallery to see more celebrity lipstick looks!

Calm Down, Internet: Angelina Jolie’s Toddler Isn’t Wearing Lipstick
03/07/2012 By 2 Comments
Are you there Internet? It’s me, Molly. And I think you need to calm the eff down about Angelina Jolie putting lipstick on her three-year-old daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt.
Mainly because it’s none of our beeswax. But partly because any of us
with a toddler know that they would leave the house wearing your bra as a
bandito holster if you let them – and would be making zero social commentary. Oh and also because the kid probably isn’t actually wearing lipstick.
Here's the picture in question. And that question is "Who cares?"
I expected it from US Weekly and The Stir but et tu HuffPost? “Like mother, like daughter … but not like sister. What? Vivienne Jolie-Pitt rips a page from the Angelina Jolie glamour book by wearing a printed dress and what appears to be deep red lipstick borrowed from mom.”
I appreciate the hysteria over Toddlers and Tiaras. I appreciate people wondering aloud about the wisdom of slinging push-up bikini tops to 9-year-olds (Abercrombie, you are the creepy uncle of retail). And wasn’t I the blogger all pissed off because Target bias-cuts the baby girl t-shirts while the boys’ shirts are, oh, t-shirt-shaped? But COME ON. Thing 1: kids wear goofy stuff. Assuming you don’t sit your daughter down and order her to curl her eyelashes, explaining that she will only be valuable, feminine, accepted, tasty, awesome, or visible if she does, I’m not dialing-up Child Protective Services. I don’t know Angelina Jolie–we lost touch after Brownies–but I find it hard to believe that a mom so comfortable with her eldest daughter (Shiloh, pictured above with her sis) favoring an androgynous vibe would be demanding hyper-sexuality of her 3-year-old.
Thing 2: this is Angelina Jolie’s kid. Spawned from a woman with lips so otherwordly in their size and pallor that I am sitting here writing about them. Plus, as some astute HuffPost readers suggested, both kids in the picture are eating Twizzlers. Twizzlers. As in the licorice treat so laden with red dye that you can get bladder cancer by sitting on a package for too long.
Furthermore, when the picture was taken, the kids were headed to or coming from the movies: I will see a movie without a Cherry-flavored Icee when Hell freezes over. Perhaps Viv and I are kindred spirits.
So, long and short, the kid has genetically swollen lips and she ate some red candy. Geez, why not just buy her the stripper pole now.
And even if she did swipe her mama’s Chanel #67: as a mom who enlisted the help of a dozen strangers to force her 20-month-old to wear a hat at a Today Show taping, only to have her rip it off just as the cameras rolled, I know that your kid doesn’t fully comprehend a nation full of judge-y strangers. When she gets older, I’ll make sure she understands that. And THEN I’ll force her to wear lipstick.