Flirty Angelina’s going to be the Cleo winner
By
Baz Bamigboye
Last updated at 12:38 AM on 2nd March 2012
The moment I clapped eyes on Angelina
Jolie sashaying along the red carpet at the Oscars in the now famous
strapless midnight velvet gown with a slit up to her right thigh, every
red blood cell in my body went on major alert.Last updated at 12:38 AM on 2nd March 2012
Flirty: Angelina Jolie will make the perfect Cleo
As she came towards me, her right leg getting all of my attention, I bowed and told her unashamedly that she was wearing the sexiest dress I’d seen all day.
I’d judged her mood right. She gave me a gorgeous smile and said no one had complimented her on the frock. She said she was touched, thanked me and did a little curtsey.
One of her future film projects sees her portraying Cleopatra for director David Fincher.
The film has long been in development, but I was told on Wednesday that Angelina definitely wants to do it and she will be sent Eric Roth’s script as soon as it’s complete.
Our idea of Cleopatra was shaped by how Elizabeth Taylor played her in the 1963 picture, you know, with the same seductive quality as Angelina at the Oscars.
But when Angelina read Cleopatra: A Life by author Stacy Schiff, which the film will be based on, she was struck by the Egyptian queen’s grasp on politics and warfare, and sees in her as a combination of the kind of power possessed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and former Israeli prime minister Golda Meir.
I will be more than happy to bow, nay, lay prostrate on the ground, to Angelina’s Cleopatra - whether or not her leg is in full view.