Thursday, December 8, 2011

Misc reactions


Awaiting pols’ reviews

Last Updated: 10:23 AM, December 8, 2011
Posted: 2:04 AM, December 8, 2011

Angelina Jolie is asking politicians for their opinions on her movie, “In the Land of Blood and Honey,” set during the Bosnian war. At a Hearst Tower screening Tuesday night, director Jolie told Marie Claire editor Joanna Coles that she’s discussed the film with Bill Clinton, who “has [it], but has not watched it.” She also said she was “nervous” for the reaction of former NATO commander Gen. Wesley Clark, a consultant on the film. Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright also has a copy. As for the current administration, Jolie said, “We’d hope to send it to anyone who is willing to sit down and watch it.”



Brad Pitt’s Parents Support His Relationship With Angelina Jolie


Ever since Brad Pitt broke up with Jennifer Aniston and hooked up with Angelina Jolie, there has been constant rumors suggesting Brad’s parents never supported his decision and have remained on “Team Jen.”
The truth is, it’s just not the case. In fact, the elder Pitts just walked the red carpet alongside Brad and Angie at the premiere of Angelina’s directorial debut “In the Land of Blood and Honey.”
They told us they’re very proud of her film and admire her knack for doing everything well, especially and most importantly being a great mom.


Close up: Angelina Jolie and Tom Cruise master 'The Meh'

Angelina Jolie and Tom Cruise dismiss a lawsuit and a rumour as 'par for the course' and 'ludicrous'

Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolie
The denial duo ... Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolie Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images & Manish Swarup/AP

The big story

Celebrity gesture of the week? The shrug.
Angelina Jolie sported one as a lawsuit claiming her directorial debut was nicked from a Croatian journalist was filed, then Tom Cruise (aka Tom Cruise's People) took up the trend in response to rumours that crowds who greeted the Mission Impossible star's arrival in Mumbai were hired actors.
It became both rather well. "It's par for the course," said Jolie of Josip Knežević's claim that she had taken her story from his book, The Soul Shattering. "It happens on almost every film. There are many books and documentaries that I did pull from, but that particular book I've never seen." Jolie's film, In The Land of Blood and Honey, is set during the Bosnian war and sees a Serbian camp commander fall in love with one of his captives. "It's a combination of many people's stories," she said.
Meanwhile Team Tom were insistent that the crowd that witnessed the actor's first visit to India were not Cruise controlled. "The only people paid were performers who danced outside the venue," said a representative for Cruise, who's currently doing promo for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. "The idea that fans were paid to cheer is completely ludicrous and entirely false."
We rather like their style. How long before they do The Meh in our size?


Angelina Jolie Discusses ‘In The Land Of Blood And Honey’ While Gracing Marie Claire’s January 2012 Cover [PHOTOS]

  • Angelina Jolie Marie Claire January 2012
  • Angelina Jolie Marie Claire January 2012
  • Angelina Jolie Marie Claire January 2012
  • Angelina Jolie Marie Claire January 2012
I remember the first Angelina Jolie movie I ever saw was Girl, Interrupted. I was pretty young at the time (and, okay, I still kind of am), but I remember thinking, “Wow, she’s so good! I hope she does more stuff in the future!”
Fast forward about a dozen years, and it’s safe to say that Angelina Jolie has done “more stuff” since her days winning awards for her portrayal of the mysterious Lisa Rowe. Now, on top of being an Oscar award winning actress, humanitarian, and a mother of six, Jolie can add “director” to the list in her directorial debutIn The Land of Blood And Honey.


Coinciding with her new movie is Jolie’s presence on Marie Claire’s January 2012 cover. Looking poised and elegant on the cover, yet fun and engaging throughout the pictures found within, Jolie shared details on her new movie, motherhood, and more. When asked about writing the new film, Jolie admitted that it was more of a “private exercise, an excuse to get out some of my frustrations [with] the international community and justice issues.” She confessed that it stemmed from the realization that
God, I’m an actor. I don’t think I intended to be an actor. I think my mother wanted it for me. I loved telling stories, and I enjoyed the profession, but is it too late to be something else?
When talking about twins Knox and Vivienne, Jolie described Knox as a “dude. Very physical, tough,” while Vivienne was a girl who “will pick flowers from the garden and put them in her hair.” Aww, that’s a pretty cute image!

Thelma Adams