- Variety confirmed Chiwetel Ejiofor but could only repeat that "production is expected to start in 2018." In other words, filming has not yet started and Disney still wants to keep details under wraps.
- At present, Angelina has time to travel to L.A. and back. Disney may be following and waiting for her guidance.
- OUATIH will reportedly start filming this Summer. With Leo and a star-studded cast, Brad's part may be smaller than what he had in Inglourious Basterds. Tarantino's films typically have multiple simultaneous story lines and Brad shares his scenes with Leo.
- While Brad is just one of several key characters, Angelina is the title character and appears in almost every scene. His filming schedule should be much shorter than hers.
- The L.A. - London commute may continue once there's an overlap between Maleficent 2 and OUATIH.
- Holly Goline is apparently now a Universal exec working on the Dark Universe. Her involvement is likely why Angelina has not totally ruled out Bride. But she sounded very doubtful. Recall in her August 2017 interview with Screen International:
.. (she) laughs when Bill Condon’s Bride Of Frankenstein reboot is mentioned. “There has been a discussion, but we’re not quite there. How many monsters can one play, really?”
“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” actress Jenn Murray is joining the cast of “Maleficent 2” starring Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning, sources tell Variety.
Michelle Pfeiffer, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Ed Skrein are also on board to star. “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” helmer Joachim Ronning is set to direct.
Joe Roth is producing the film, with Jez Butterworth and Linda Woolverton penning the latest script. Micah Fitzerman-Blue and Noah Harpster wrote the most recent draft.
It is not clear where this film will pick up following the first movie, which was based on the fairy tale “Sleeping Beauty.” The original story centered on an evil fairy who cursed an infant princess to eternal sleep, only to realize the young girl was the only one who could save the kingdom from its dangerous ruler. “Maleficent” broke several box office records on its way to making $758.5 million worldwide.
Details behind Murray’s role are currently unknown. Production on the sequel is set to start in 2018.
Along with appearing in “Fantastic Beasts,” Murray’s other recent credits include “Brooklyn” and “Love and Friendship.” On the TV side, she has appeared in “Truckers” and “The Fades.”
She is repped by the Curtis Brown Group and Thruline Entertainment.
Great meeting this morning with the amazing #DarkUniverse team. Thank you #Universal Exec, Holly Goline and Crash for the hospitality. Looking forward to contributing to the Universal Pictures legacy with my work. Monster things in the works ;) Stay tuned! #Amazing people #RobertVargas #RobertVargasArt #CantStopWontStop #LA #Artist #LAmurals