Following a major upgrade of the L.A. Court computer system, the Case Summary now contains a bit more info re the filings.
- The Stipulation & Order filed on 1/31 was for W&I Code 827 Protective Orders. WIC Section 827 restricts access to the children's case files. They wanted an order to protect the files. This came after a request from the media "to Photograph, Record or Broadcast" the case and there may have been a related effort to access the files. An S&O is a joint request for an Order from the Court.
PART 1. DELINQUENTS AND WARDS OF THE JUVENILE COURT
CHAPTER 2. Juvenile Court Law [200 - 987]
ARTICLE 22. Wards and Dependent Children—Records [825 - 832]
(a) (1) Except as provided in Section 828, a case file may be inspected only by the following:(A) Court personnel.(B) The district attorney, a city attorney, or city prosecutor authorized to prosecute criminal or juvenile cases under state law.(C) The minor who is the subject of the proceeding.(D) The minor’s parents or guardian.(E) The attorneys for the parties, judges, referees, other hearing officers, probation officers, and law enforcement officers who are actively participating in criminal or juvenile proceedings involving the minor......
- The Request and Order filed on 1/17 was a media request "to Photograph, Record or Broadcast" the proceedings and it was Denied.
- The Custody Stipulation has apparently not yet been set aside. As a practical matter, it is no longer being enforced since a private judge does not have the power to enforce it. Their next step would have to be to request the court to set it aside and they may have been waiting for Dr. Katz's report so they could attach it in support of their request.
- If Brad had not tried to circumvent the Custody Stipulation with an RFO for non-therapeutic visits against the therapists' recommendations, Wasser would not have had to file it in court for enforcement purposes. “Anytime I’ve gotten in trouble, it’s because of my own hubris.” It would have been one less step for them now. And there would have been none of the public and court wranglings he now says he eschews.
- The obvious benefit of the upgrade is we shouldn't have to guess what future filings are all about.
Documents Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)
01/31/2017 Stipulation and Order (for W&I Code 827 Protective Orders - Filed and Entered on 2017-01-31 )
01/25/2017 Declaration (of private child custody evaluator re: qaulifications filed by Stan J. Katz, Ph.D. )
01/17/2017 Order (Media to Photograph, Record or Broadcast - Denied on 2017-01-17 )
01/17/2017 Request (Media to Photograph, Record or Broadcast - Denied on 2017-01-17 )
01/09/2017 Miscellaneous (Public/Redacted materials from conditionally sealed record. - On Behalf of: Petitioner: Pitt, Angelina )
Filed by Petitioner
01/09/2017 Notice - Lodging (conditionally under seal - On Behalf of: Petitioner: Pitt, Angelina )
Filed by Petitioner
01/09/2017 Stipulation and Order (For Apptmnt of Privately Compensated Temporary Judge Honorable John W. Ouderkirk (Ret) - Filed and Entered on 2017-01-09 )