This, from my previous post, summarizes where they are:
They want people to know that supervised visits is not something she wants, there is no fight between them, nor are there issues Brad needs to work on. They have to live apart because childcare professionals decided that the children were not yet ready to live with their father and that they need safeguards to allow them to heal properly. Like Brad's response, the petition is there merely to act as a safeguard. The children's healing is the only issue. They want to keep things calm and quiet as they work with child experts to bring their children back to a normal relationship with their dad.
Some additional impressions:
- She wants Brad and the children to be together as much as possible. An indication of just how much she wants it is she bristles when reports such as TMZ's suggest otherwise. It was a similar report that got Perezhilton a letter from Bert Fields.
- She is very protective of Brad. She is protective of his feelings, she is protective against suggestions that he still has substance abuse or anger problems, and she didn't want him to be associated with the ICC.
- Brad trusts her. In the video posted previously from Paris he said "This was more a universal story about love, and I would say trust. Trust in the person you love. Trust in your intuition." But there was no reason for him to mention "trust" in relation to his character's story in Allied -- not in terms of his mission or his relationship with Marion. Nor was it even that much of love story. It was a spy mystery -- his character confronting the truth. So "love and trust" refers to his own emotions. Trust factored a lot in helping him cope with their 8 week ordeal. And he trusts her now that she will help the children to see him again as a loving father.
- They don't want any talk of a fight between them.
- They are being very careful.
- They are being very patient.
Guest (Thanks!) shares this:
Brad Pitt has shut down bodyguard Kris Herzog's claims that he was ever employed to work for the actor.
"No, not true," a representative for the 52-year-old movie star told Be when asked if The Bodyguard Group Of Beverly Hills founder had been part of Brad's security team over the years.
"He [Herzog] has not been affiliated with Brad Pitt or his security team".
People posted a story
The 52-year-old actor was in Turks and Caicos over the holiday, enjoying a weekend getaway with a friend at the popular celeb resort the Amanyara Villas.
“Brad had a very restful and relaxing stay in the company of an old friend,” the insider told PEOPLE.
Let's first of all bear in mind that that Thanksgiving Day and Thanksgiving weekend are not the same. If he spent Thanksgiving day plus the entire weekend in Turks and Caicos that's a long time to just be with one male friend.
Four years ago, the family as well as his whole family from Missouri spent Christmas in Turks and Caicos, staying at Donna Karan's house. If he was missing them and miserable, those memories would just haunt him.
Whatever arrangement they came up with still left him happy beforehand -- because he had to have known how he was going to celebrate Thanksgiving while he was in Europe and he was clearly happy. He spoke thoughtfully about love and trust.
Everything Angelina said and did pointed to wanting him to be with their kids -- she made it clear that it was childcare professionals that wanted therapeutic visits not her -- and her latest actions were all about protecting him.
We haven't heard from her rep. We don't know if any of the "sources" was his rep.
Louisa (Thanks!) shared a link to a report on the Turks and Caicos trip that said "A representative for Brad had "no comment."
The decision to confirm that he spent Thanksgiving weekend at the Amanyara Villas in Turks and Caicos had to have been done after a lot of thought and has a part in their overall strategy.
Like I wrote earlier, they are being very careful and being very patient. They are protecting the kids from any outside noise and pressure.
The same People article said:
“Every event is cherished,” Plan B exec Dede Gardner previously told PEOPLE. “Every birthday is cherished. The holidays are cherished. Events are made of every moment in the most positive way.”
We know from past experience that we have to look at what they say as well as what they didn't say.
For such an important family holiday, the reports are all devoid of any drama: she didn't call to invite him so he quickly packed his bags and went to Turks and Caicos with a buddy and had a "very restful and relaxing stay." He didn't even opt to spend it with his family in Missouri. There was no hint that he was sad to spend a big family holiday away from his family -- like it was totally OK with him. There is something missing here
People mag cites an anonymous source in reporting that Brad Pitt had a nice vacation #Journalism https://t.co/P8anm1QE2A— David Lazarus (@Davidlaz) November 29, 2016