Update via Daily Mail
Speaking to KIIS FM's Kyle and Jackie O on Wednesday, the father-of-two confirmed that he had received a 'rude' letter from Angelina's lawyer regarding an article published on his site.The article claimed that Brad Pitt was 'wrecked' after Angelina refused to let him see his children since the divorce news broke.
'Is Angelina Jolie really going to sue me? Most likely not. They're just trying to intimidate me, bully me, threaten me,' said Perez.
He continued: '[Angelina's] publicist revealed to me that the lawyers have been sending out a lot of aggressive letters demanding people to stop speaking about the Brangelina split,'
"I believed it to be true, so I published it." @PerezHilton on publishing story about Brad and Angelina's split. #KJshow #KIIS1065 pic.twitter.com/HAGfb6XGq8— Kyle and Jackie O (@kyleandjackieo) October 11, 2016
What could have triggered the letter?
Well.....to start...(and there must have been others)
Did #AngelinaJolie really want an open marriage? More Brangelina on The Perez Hilton Podcast on @Spotify, @iTunes or https://t.co/b9XIjsgTSn pic.twitter.com/zjnsLAOOhm— Perez (@ThePerezHilton) September 30, 2016
#BradPitt & #AngelinaJolie were reportedly 'living separate lives' before their split! https://t.co/0E4BxdD6pz pic.twitter.com/j6eotXC4vD— Perez Hilton (@PerezHilton) September 28, 2016
As I noted previously, this is an Angelina the tabloids have never seen before. In the past, she had never responded regardless of what was said. But her children are now old enough to surf the internet and she must be worried about the emotional and psychological impact on them of reading stories such as those above. Since she can't stop her children from going online, she is evidently hoping to curb the production and dissemination of these stories.
As she has shown since filing for divorce, she is quite ferocious when it comes to protecting her children.
Priya Sopori, a partner at Bert Field's law firm, is a former Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California
Perez Hilton Tells Angelina Jolie Attorney "Suck My D*ck" For Allegedly Threatening To Sue Him https://t.co/xU2il27nPW pic.twitter.com/LhyDeTV9u0— Gossip Cop (@GossipCop) October 10, 2016
Perez Hilton claims Angelina Jolie’s attorney has threatened to sue him. He says he responded by telling the lawyer, “Suck my d*ck.”
On Sunday, Hilton announced on Instagram, “In other news, #AngelinaJolie’s lawyers at Greenberg Glusker have just threatened to sue me for my coverage of her split from #BradPitt.” He went on, “ME!! I have always been one of Angelina Jolie’s loudest and strongest supporters and defenders!!!!! This was my email back to Angelina’s lawyers, #BertFields and #PriyaSapori. Glad I’m not running for president!!”
Hilton, who is so scared of Gossip Cop that he blocks us on Twitter, shared a screengrab of the email he claims to have sent in response to the alleged threat. In it, the notorious blogger says he’s “livid” and demands Jolie herself see the communication. “Unless she wants to turn me into an enemy, I want an apology right now,” he warned.
It’s not clear what the controversial star did to allegedly earn the ire of Jolie’s camp. In his response, he insisted he did “nothing illegal,” and noted, “We stand 100% behind our reporting.” Hilton ended his reply by writing, “F*ck YOU. And suck my d*ck!”
A look at Hilton’s archives suggests he’s mostly regurgitated other outlets’ reporting on Jolie’s split from Pitt, regardless of whether it’s accurate or not. That, of course, is his usual copy-and-paste style. It’s also worth noting that he misspells the last name of Jolie’s attorney, which is Sopori, not Sapori. Gossip Cop has reached out to Jolie’s lawyer for comment.