Wednesday, September 28, 2016



Random and Very Fuzzy Thoughts

I wrote previously:
Everyone on her side has said that the divorce filing was all about her childern.  Her concern for her children has consistently been the sole explanation for her actions.   Therefore I thought it was curious that the carefully worded statements from her reps made it a point to use "family" instead of "children" -- as "family" also includes Brad:  "This decision was made for the health of the family"  and "Angelina will always do what's in the best interest of taking care of her family".     

They reminded me of her NY Times mastectomy piece where she wrote that it "was the right thing to do for our family.

I thought it was also curious that it was her entertainment lawyer and her manager who issued statements while her divorce lawyer was uncharacteristically silent.

I decided to first look more closely at the statements. They seem to be very carefully crafted to send a message, and i believe they give clues as to her true intentions. While the statements appear to be very similar, I think they are sending two distinct messages.

In the 1st statement, "the decision was made for the health of the family" - is likely referring to his substance abuse and anger problem. By filing for divorce she in effect was staging an intervention to make him realize he needs to change and to allow their children time to recover away from him.

The 2nd, "do what's in the best interest of taking care of her family" - explains that she did what she needed to do to take care of the family in the best way she can and with her family's best interest at heart -- including Brad's.

In support of these messages, she made sure that people around her let it be known that she still loves him and still considers him "the love of her life" .

She also wanted it known that she "would never leave Brad if it was just a substance abuse problem".

She wanted to be clear that her decision to file was not about the two of them and that she filed with a heavy heart.

With his now well-known temper, it probably took some time before he calmed down enough to be receptive to hearing her message.  As I noted earlier, People quoted his "friends" (but likely Brad himself) complaining that Angelina's side was  presenting "him in the worst possible light (9/22) and "manipulating it to best suit their attempts to gain custody."(9/23).  His complaints were picked up by the tabloids who then worked it into a "smear" campaign story.

They may not have talked on the phone immediately after she filed but after 12 years together, there are many other avenues of communication between them. There are many people who can act as conduits. 

So for the same reasons that I noted above, I think it is significant that Brad referred to "my family" for the first time in his statement explaining his absence from the Voyage of Time premiere (9/27).  He knows every word that references the divorce will be scrutinized so there must be a reason for the specific choice of "I am currently focused on my family situation" instead of, say, "on personal matters" and/or "the welfare of my children". In fact, his statement has the same vague tone as that of Angelina's reps'.

In a recent post, USA Today thought it was curious that her divorce petition does not mention their prenup. I think that it was omitted because the purpose of the filing is so she has a legal basis to keep the children with her while (she hopes) he is jolted out of complacency and finally tries to solve his substance abuse and anger problems.   A reader, Emma, also pointed out that she did not ask for her name to be changed back to Angelina Jolie from Angelina Jolie Pitt.  The divorce filing was intended mainly as a tool.   Just as she only wants sole physical custody to be temporary.  So they perfunctorily filled in the forms, putting in just what was necessary. This probably explains why her divorce lawyer seems to only be playing a secondary role.

I think filing for divorce was a last ditch effort on her part to get Brad to address his problems.  It was a gamble but she knew if she didn't do anything and the incident on the plane was repeated, she would be watching her family slowly disintegrate. 


-- Fussy


5 comments:

  1. I actually wanted to comment on your first post about this. Me and my friend were thinking that maybe she filed for divorce as a threat to wake him up / make him realize that he's been out of control. That maybe she tried talking to him about his problem and he kept telling her he'll change but never did and she got tired. And so maybe this is her last resort. He was with her through her toughest times (her mom passing away / her breast and reproductive organ removal) so I don't think she could just easily leave him through his toughest time. He needed and intervention and maybe this is the only way to wake him up. And from "his team" sources / quotes, it looks like it worked. He woke up and is now realizing the consequences of his behavior.

    But hey, what do we know, right? We can only assume and express our opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bianca (and friend) a little late with my opinion but I just found Fussy Eye's awesome blog this week. The things that make me believe they aren't truly over is just what you said. They've gone through so much heavy stuff together; heavy things that no matter who you are those experiences can't help but cement a lasting connection.

      Delete
  2. Fussy, you probably won't see this since it's being posted a month after your comments but I still want to let you know how I'm so outdone that not only has someone (you) mirrored my very thoughts on the verbiage; the language used by Angelina and Brad when speaking to the public but, you've also brought to my attention a truckload of other items of importance that I've missed like Angie's divorce attorney's limited voice in dispensing info. When Brad Pitt called it his "family situation" I said to myself this is not an accident.

    Mija
    mmln_247@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mija,
      Thank you. Nice to have you here.
      I see and moderate all comments to keep out the trolls and spambots

      Delete
  3. This is a slice of heaven! I swear I don't know how I find my way here but I'm so glad I did. I'm a fan of Brad and Angelina individually and of them together and it's very cool to be with like minds without having to wade through the negative waters to find adult, sane and intelligent discourse.

    Thanks!
    Mija
    mmln_247@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete