Tuesday, August 23, 2016






10 Love Lessons Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Have Taught Us

The couple, who are celebrating two years of wedded bliss on Aug. 23, are practically relationship experts


1. DON'T FEEL PRESSURE TO BE PERFECT

Truth (whether you believe it or not): Angelina Jolie is not the perfect spouse. As Mrs. Brad Pitt admitted in a 2014 Today show interview, "I think we have more moments where I'm like, 'I'm gonna be a better wife. I'm gonna be a better cook.' And he's like, 'Oh, honey, know what your'e good at. Know what you're not…'No, no, I'm gonna get this wife thing down!' But he knows my limitations and where I'm a good wife and good mom."


2. SHOW GRATITUDE

"They constantly work on keeping their relationship alive. It seems they have found a great way of doing that first of all by being very appreciative of each other,” a source close to the parents of Maddox, Zahara, Pax, Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne told PEOPLE. "Brad and Angie are very good at giving each other compliments and praise. They show affection in front of the kids and the way that they speak to each other rubs off on the kids in a very positive way."



3. REMEMBER: YOU ARE A TEAM
In her March 2015 New York Times op-ed detailing her decision to have her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed to prevent cancer, Jolie wrote candidly about how supportive Pitt had been. "Brad was at the Pink Lotus Breast Center, where I was treated, for every minute of the surgeries," the Oscar winner said. "We managed to find moments to laugh together. We knew this was the right thing to do for our family and that it would bring us closer. And it has."

4. KNOW HOW TO COMPROMISE

Jolie and Pitt have an agreement that if one of them books a movie, the other parent must take time off to be with the kids. The balancing act has worked well for the pair, as Pitt revealed in 2012. "It's been a family type of year, a down-home type of year," he told PEOPLE. "Mama's worked more. And quite frankly I've really enjoyed it."


5. A GREAT RELATIONSHIP GROWS (& GROWS)

You never stop learning about yourself and your surroundings, and when you find an individual who sparks that curiosity from within, you're golden. "[Brad] has expanded my life in ways I never imagined," Jolie told Marie Claire in January 2012. "We built a family. He is not just the love my life, he is my family. I hold that very dear."


6. FAMILY COMES FIRST

Once a partner and kids enter the picture, it's time to reevaluate priorities. As Pitt and Jolie say, it's not about "me, me, me" anymore. "I suppose what I've learned from Brad is to be able to have the kind of family whose happiness and well-being comes before your own," the actress has said. "I'm very, very grateful to have such a loving family, and I wouldn't have that without him."

7. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT IN A MATE

Meeting her perfect match took decades, Jolie confessed to France's Dandy magazine in February 2015, but it was worth the wait. "At 20, we're all looking for Prince Charming, the big handsome hunk, only we're generally disappointed because of his instability," Jolie said. "At 40, you know what you want: a real man."


8. KEEP THINGS HOT

Just because she's got children of her own doesn't mean Jolie has abandoned her inner wild child. "I'm still a bad girl," Jolie told 60 Minutes in 2011. "It's just in its place now. It belongs to Brad."


9. TRY TO FIND THE GOOD IN THE BAD

Jolie maintained a positive outlook when she underwent a double mastectomy in 2013, and Pitt called the experience "an emotional and beautifully inspiring few months." The actor added, “And I'll tell you, it's such a wonderful relief to come through this and not have a spectre hanging over our heads. To know that that's not going to be something that's going to affect us. My most proudest thing is our family. This isn't going to get that."

10. BE EACH OTHER'S CHEERLEADER

The stars have worked together on numerous films (read: the upcoming By the Sea) and humanitarian projects, all while supporting one another's independent passions. "They are very loving and inspiring to each other, exchanging ideas," Jeremy Kleiner, a longtime exec at Pitt's Plan B production company, told PEOPLE of the couple.















No comments:

Post a Comment