Wednesday, October 28, 2015
























Mr. and Mrs. Smith this is not.”

“The plan was to make something together, with complete autonomy, in the footsteps of Gena [Rowlands] and John [Cassavetes]—and keep it a family affair,” Pitt tells V Magazine. “We, by our own admission, were overdue. If I'm going to work, I want to work with my wife.”

By the Sea deals with that period when the honeymoon is well over and the couple is faced with the banality of every day and the pains of the unplanned,” Pitt explains. “There are no Hallmark cards that define the next chapter, or the value of a history together. So who are you?”

“It was probably not the wisest way to spend a honeymoon. But then again, fighting to make something together,” “What better metaphor for marriage?It’s not a film that responds to the current zeitgeist or storytelling – rather, a quiet, mature look at the challenges of love and adult loss.”

“[It's] surprising how much I enjoy the direction of my wife,” Pitt gushes. “She's decisive, incredibly intuitive, knife-sharp, and might I say, sexy at her post. I trust her with my life.”

 "For this one, I operated on pure instinct. Angie and I have too much history and understanding of each other to question beyond there." "Naturally I didn't want to fail Angie's ideas. . .her words,” he says of the process, “but really I had absolute faith we'd figure it out.”

Pitt's character drowns his sorrows in the bottle, and the actor jokes that playing a lush was not a stretch for him: “I play a good drunk because I've been a good drunk.”



In a separate interview earlier this month, Jolie explained her inspiration for the script.
“This is the only film I’ve done that is completely based on my own crazy mind,” she told Vogue. “When I was writing it, I never assumed we’d actually do it,“ she said, revealing that she wrote the script after her mother’s death eight years ago. The story explores bereavement, and is set in the 1970s because Jolie liked the idea of exploring the decade when her mother would have been in her 20s. Thinking that she would never make the film, Jolie said, “I wrote with a certain kind of freedom.”
Pitt was well aware of the script, and together they called it “the crazy one” and “the worst idea,” but after getting married, they decided to tackle it as their creative, kinda dysfunctional honeymoon. “As artists we wanted something that took us out of our comfort zones. . .Just being raw actors. It’s not the safest idea. But life is short.”

“It’s not autobiographical,” Jolie clarified. “Brad and I have our issues, but if the characters’ were even remotely close to our problems, we couldn’t have made the film.”




More than a year after saying "I do," Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are still crazy about each other.
The Oscar-winning actor opens up to V Magazine about working under the direction of his Oscar-winning wife on the romance drama By the Sea, opening Nov. 13.
"It's surprising how much I enjoy the direction of my wife," he tells V. "She's decisive, incredibly intuitive, and might I say sexy at her post. I trust her with my life."
The couple play spouses in the movie with Angelina taking the role of Vanessa, a former dancer in mid-1970s France, who travels the country with her husband Roland, an American writer, played by Brad.
In real life, the couple spends a good amount of time at home raising their six children, and Brad gave one more reason for what makes him a hot dad.
"At the end of the day, we get to be parents, greeting our lovely, crazy children and talking about their day, making sure they brush their teeth," Brad says.
Brad's dueling V Magazine covers hit newsstands Nov. 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment