Tuesday, February 3, 2015








Director Sam Taylor-Johnson has revealed she often clashed with E.L. James on the set of Fifty Shades of Grey as she worked to bring the bestselling novel to life.

The director told Porter magazine James was on set every day making the process was difficult. ​

"I’m not going to lie. We definitely fought," said Taylor-Johnson, "We would have proper on-set ‘barneys,’ and I’m not confrontational, but it was about finding a way between the two of us, satisfying her vision of what she’d written as well as my need to visualise this person on-screen.”

“She will be the first to say she found it very difficult to give up control,” continued the director. However she admitted their fights were "creative" and they managed to resolve them.

Having only previously directed one other film Nowhere Boy - where she met second husband, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, 24, - Taylor-Johnson, 47, was the underdog for the role of bringing the erotic novel to the big screen.

She had only read the book shortly before meeting Universal Studios executives and was up against the likes of Angelina Jolie and Joe Wright, director of AtonementPride & Prejudice and Anna Karenina

​“When I decide I want something, I go in like an Exocet missile," she said. “I just knew I wanted to make this film, I knew how it should be made, needed to be made, and I felt a certain responsibility to make it the right way.”

She revealed Angelina Jolie thereafter sent her an “incredibly sweet” good luck email afterwards and is now a friend.


.....
Taylor-Johnson has told the magazine: 'I got an email out of the blue from her saying good luck on your journey. I thought that was incredibly sweet of her.'

No comments:

Post a Comment